Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, March 05, 2005

THUD!

THUD!

Yep, that is what I heard 5 minutes ago as I was working diligently on my list of papers to be written.

About 30 minutes ago, I was a bit restless and went into the kitchen. I wasn't sure what I wanted, but I needed something...I was debating making a pot of coffee, going out to Starbucks to get a latte, or making some instant coffee. I finally decided I would make a cup of instant (decaf) with some nonfat sweetened condensed milk, a variation on the real things (caff coffee and real fat sweetened condensed milk) that I had grown so fond of in Africa.

The first cup I made, I put way too much instant coffee in, and had to dump out. Then I fought with getting the very slow moving sweetened condensed milk out of the can for the second cup. Finally, it was ready and I went back into the craft/computer room to work on my paper. and then...

THUD!

What in the world was that?? For a brief moment, I think, this is what life will be like when you have a child...LOL, and then head into the kitchen. What do I see? I see Spaz (one of my cats) on the floor with creamy goo all over her and the can of sweetened condensed milk oozing out all over my floor! LOL

I must say it was pretty funny really.

Spaz was not impressed that I wouldn't let her lick the floor clean, but I am letting her lick herself clean...I don't think I could handle bathing her by myself...

Well, back to "self-talk and female youth soccer performance"...

7 Comments:

Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Katrina - Too funny! These pets are a crack up. What a meany not letting her "clean up" the floor/her mess. LOL. Reading about all that work and papers you have to do are making me tired. I thought about going back and getting my masters, but I was too lazy and it wouldn't really have helped me much in my work/job. I think I may need to go lay down and take a nap for you. Don't work too hard! Debbie

March 05, 2005 11:09 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hehe. Thank you for napping for me...I needed that! ;) Actually, I am contemplating a nap myself..I have a bit of a headache and am hoping some tylenol and a quick nap might help. :)

March 05, 2005 1:17 PM  
Blogger Care said...

Gotta love life with cats. LOL - but you will be well prepared for Mommyhood. Good luck on all those papers. I applied for an MBA program and got accepted and never took a single class. I've gotten lazy in my old age! :-) (CarolynG at the SMC board)

March 05, 2005 2:57 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hehe. Thanks, Carolyn. Now, if only I could get over my procrastination and write some papers..I started one earlier and then I took a nap. LOL. Now it is just about time to start working on getting supper ready...LOL

March 05, 2005 4:12 PM  
Blogger The Mommy said...

Hee! Hee! Yep...kinda like life with a kid! Although the 'thuds' I hate the most are the ones that I hear and know that the little one is in bed or gone and it wasn't him....and then I can't figure out what made the noise!!!Drives me nuts!! Usually figure it out about 3-4 days later. LOL

When were you in Africa and what were you doing there? How interesting! :)

Kim

March 05, 2005 4:31 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hey Kim. Yeah, I hate those ones that I know the cats didn't make...

I worked in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) for 6 months in 1998. I worked in AIDS education and reproductive health.

March 05, 2005 5:06 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

How funny! I remember those noises when we had a cat, and now I think they're even worse with a toddler in the house.

March 07, 2005 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home