Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Dinner, games, and other stuff

Last night I had a friend come over for dinner. I love to cook when there is some to eat with me and I roasted a chicken accompanied by broccoli salad (you may recall my addiction to this last summer), fruit salad, green salad, corn, rolls, and carrot cake. It was a relatively healthy meal and I think we both enjoyed it. Of course, I had food made for like 6 people as opposed to 2, so I sent her home with lots of leftovers. :)

After dinner, we played some board games. A couple rounds of Sequence and Boggle. I love games. It was a good night. :)

At one point during the evening, we discussed my TTC plans. In the past, I have always said 6 months to a year (I was hoping that would include 6-12 cycles..) is all I would try. I still believe that for the most part, but after she left, I began to really think what that meant. I am already on to 150 mgs Clomid next cycle. I think that highest dosage is 200, so that means I have only two more attempts with Clomid. Of course, if we get me to begin ovulating at either of those, then we continue there....but I have my doubts. I had always thought I was OK with moving on to injectables...but what if they don't work either? I mean, injectables are like $2000 a cycle in medication costs...plus the IUI. Do I really want to/can I really afford to do injectable cycles?

Last night, as we were talking, I said I would not do IVF. The truth is, in the past, I had no issues with doing IVF. But my reasoning last night was so sound (in my opinion). I told her, doing IVF costs 10,000 +, and that is already more than half the cost of a domestic adoption...But the same could be said about, say, 5 injectable cycles...

I don't know. I just don't know.

Off to Vancouver now to visit a friend and her two year old daughter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

I know...this is so difficult to know what to do...adoption is so expensive and I have always wanted to experience pregnancy...but on the other hand, there is slightly more "guarantee" that you will get a baby at the end of adoption than you will TTC....so complicated.

February 27, 2005 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home