Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Freecycle, ebay, and other things

This is my midwinter break. In fact, this is my last midwinter break since we voted it out this year for at least the next 5 years.

I think I mentioned earlier my long list of cleaning to be done during the break. I did finally get a good start on that on Tuesday. I spent the entire day on Tuesday cleaning my bedroom. You see, when I moved into this house, my dresser broke. I bought a new dresser that arrived beginning of November, and then there was leadership retreat, a visit from my parents, ESL classes, Christmas break (I went home to visit my parents), grad school began and life was over. My clothes have never made it into the dressers. So this meant that I had clothes in huge piles on top of the dressers, in baskets, on the floor, in suitcases, all over the place. Finally, it was midwinter break, I am nearing the end of my masters, and I decided, something must be done.

So, on Tuesday, I began to take every piece of clothing that was not hung up in the closet, and wash it. My plan was to wash everything, sort and put away. I worked the entire day Tuesday right up until I went over to some relatives house for dinner. I did probably 7 loads of laundry on Tuesday, maybe more. Then on Wed., I resumed. I did another 5-7 loads I think. On Wed, I had lots of assignments due too, so that occupied more of my time. Today is Thursday, and there is maybe one or two more loads to go.

Now is the fun part. Now, I need to reduce all the clothes, of which I have WAY too many, so that I can get everything into the dressers and closets. I have already filled up one dresser, and have one more to go...Of course, the ultimate goal is then to empty out the broken dresser which is sprawled out on the nursery floor...LOL.

Anyway, so this is where freecycle and ebay come in. A friend pointed me to freecycle a month or two ago. These are my first transactions. Already, someone was supposed to come last night to pick up something and didn't. Hopefully the next person in line is more responsible. I actually have three items being picked up today and tomorrow.

And, I have started listing clothes on ebay. So far, I have listed 17, 2 of which already have bids. I am not looking to make much money. It would be great if I did, but I have listed them pretty much at the lowest I could to cover the listing and final fees.

I am kinda pooped out today. I know I need to finish my bedroom, but I just had never in my wildest dreams, thought it would have taken me three days. Obviously I will not be getting to the nursery, craft room, or extra bedroom during this break...I pray that by the time spring break rolls around, my room is still in order so I can tackle those.

Well, I suppose I need to get to work. I also need to clean the obvious areas today (kitchen, bathroom, living room) as I have a friend coming over for dinner tomorrow. Of course, I am relatively good at keeping up those areas that can be "seen" so that shouldn't be too bad.

Tomorrow is my day 14 ultrasound. I don't know why, but I am not feeling too optimistic...

5 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

Good luck with all your cleaning and also your ultrasound. You've done more laundry in the last couple of days than I've done all month! I don't mind the actual washing part, it's the sorting and putting away part that gets me.

February 24, 2005 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's your ebay name?

February 24, 2005 8:15 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks Carrie! I will of course send an update after the ultrasound. :)

Michelle, my ebay name is kajohn345. Looking for some clothes? :)

February 24, 2005 9:08 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

By the way, Michelle. The anonymous comment on your blog was from me. I went back and tried to leave another comment once I realized I forgot to sign my name, but now it won't let me comment at all. Says my IP is a spam address or something...

February 24, 2005 9:15 PM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Delightful! I think Freecycle is an excellent idea and I hope it turns out for you.

It's nice to get rid of stuff -- possessions that you will never use again are a burden.

February 25, 2005 2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home