Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, February 11, 2005

16 days past ovulation...

And still no sign of AF, and still BFN on the HPTs. The only sign I have that AF may come one day is that I was super crabby with my kids yesterday and today. But I generally have bad cramps, spotting, and bloating the day or two before AF...and none of that still.....grrrr.

I just don't know what is going on now. I have put a call into the nurse and told her I was confused and didn't know what to do. Don't know if she will call back tonight or what...Don't even think there is anything she can say other than to go in for a blood pregnancy test (BPT), but that seems silly to me when the HPTs are stark white negatives..just a waste of money. I don't think it is possible to have negative HPTs and be pregnant..maybe ONE negative HPT followed by positives, but I have probably done like 20 by now...all negative.

I really need to stay awake and head out to the school tonight. I have a student in a school play who has been hounding me about which I day I was coming to see the play, and tonight is the last night that he is performing. (they are doing the odd couple...male and female versions and tonight is the last male performance, tomorrow is the female). I want to be supportive of my kids, I just don't like going back to school at night. If only they could schedule these things right after school! LOL:)

Well, no real news. Just trying to keep Tracy happy;) LOL. (just kidding...I just want you all to know how annoyed I continue to be waiting endlessly for AF).

Edited to add:
Talked to the nurse. She said, "we don't even like you to test until 18dpo, give it two more weeks.". I explained that it was HER who told me to take the prometrium until I would expect my period and then test, WHICH I DID, it was negative, I stopped taking the prometrium and my period did not come. She told me that because I am waiting for my period to come it may be delayed. Everything I have read has said that ovulation may be delayed, but the luteal phase is rarely delayed. I told her my luteal phase is typically 8-11 days and she told me that you can't count on that now, which I expected, but at some point...I also told her that I have gone months without periods and frequently have to take Provera to have a period and she again told me to wait two more weeks and then to see my primary care physician (regular doctor). I was really quite annoyed as it seemed to me like she found me to be just a nuisance...

You know, I like my RE, but the rest of the staff are driving me bonkers..I may be changing clinics very very soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Kat,

I know that waiting is the worst! I hated waiting for AF to get here and then having to be told that another round of Provera was needed.
As for the negitive HPT's I have had a couple of friends that were "heavy" and they have had problems with HPT's.
As for me I had false positives! 4 of them. I was so angry. That has been years ago though.
Well I have a friend in the hospital so i'll go ..

try to wait it out. My prayers are with you..

Gidgit

February 13, 2005 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home