Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Monday, January 24, 2005

UNcancelled!

So, I didn't even get a chance to think about OPKs this morning. I had students coming in for frantic last minute practice/help, and papers to mark that I had meant to do on the weekend, and then I had to set up my little testing station in the Career centre.

I was in the career centre because my room is in a weird place and there is no actual hallway, pretty much just part of another teacher's room, so i needed somewhere that I could test separately.

Anyway, so the lady who works in the career centre was hypersensitive to ANY noise, and she just kept stressing me out ALL DAY.

Plus, the principal came to talk to me this morning about Sally (apparently mom DID call the superintendent)...he suggested we offer her an opportunity to write the test and that it wouldn't count except in dire need to keep her grade...We actually had offered this to mom during the conference, but she had turned it down. We will see what she said to him.

After school, I went to go to my parent conference (different kid), but it was cancelled. Then I went to find a different place for testing tomorrow because the career centre WILL NOT WORK. A kind fellow teacher agreed to switch rooms with me.

Next, I went down to my room and decided, why not pee on ONE more stick...so I did, and it was 100% definitely, absolutely, positive. So, I called the clinic to see if there was any possibility I could get an ultrasound appointment today at such a late time. Turns out my RE had a cancellation, and off I went!

Lining was good at 12mm, lots of miniscule follicles on the left ovary (typical PCOS) and......one nice 20mm follicle on the right!

SO....first IUI is back on, tomorrow afternoon at 3:15!!! Wish me luck, everyone!:)

4 Comments:

Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Hooray -- what a pleasant surprise! That must brighten up your day regardless of the work problems.

If the principal suggests that Sally should be allowed to write the test, does that mean you're obligated to let her? Thanks a lot for undermining your authority.

Why couldn't someone just tell her "Those are the rules, they aren't a surprise and you aren't an exception."?

January 24, 2005 11:35 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

Wow! I'm so excited for you! I hope everything goes well. A hearty woo-hoo for you!

I have to agree with Tin Foiled about the "Sally situation." If you set rules and they're overridden by someone higher up the chain of command, that undermines your authority. Why even have rules in the first place? I don't know how much the superintendent knew about the situation or the conference, but had it been me, I would have told the mom that I had one option, but it had already been extended to her and turned down. But maybe I'm just a bitch. :)

January 25, 2005 3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!!

Michelle

January 25, 2005 2:32 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

While I really love my school, I have to say that my principal does not have much of a backbone most of the times. Everyone knows if you need something REALLY taken care of, you go to the female vice principal...

Oh well. I haven't heard anything about it today anyway...which is good..thinking happy thoughts, swimming swimming, play hide and seek, just be sure you ultimately find the egg! LOL...ok, I have officially gone crazy. :)

January 25, 2005 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home