Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Much ado about nothing...

Or so it seems.

So this morning I call the clinic right at 8 when they open to talk to them about my appointment this afternoon and whether I should have an IUI or an ultrasound or what. I talk to the nurse and she says I need to come in earlier than my 4:00 appointment if I am going to have an ultrasound and IUI. So I get an appointment for 2:15, and call the school secretary to get someone to cover my last class (which also happens to be my worst behaved class...)

When I get in for the ultrasound, I have a different doctor. Apparently she is new to the clinic but used to work with them all when they were part of the university hospital, she seems very nice. They have this very large monitor hanging from the ceiling so the patient can see everything too..kinda cool. Anyway, so in goes the ultrasound and my lining is looking good she says (8.5...whatever that means...). Then she peeks over at the ovaries and says 5 under 10 on the left and "many" on the right. She then proceeds to tell me that I am not going to ovulate this cycle.

So, we are back at the beginning...waiting for my period so I can start another cycle, this time on 100 mgs Clomid...

What weird and disturbing things will happen to me this time on the Clomid? LOL

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

*sigh* Well that certainly sucks :( I'm sorry because I know you were getting really excited there :( I'll keep my fingers crossed that the next one goes better :)

January 18, 2005 4:38 PM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

Bummer. I will say a few more prayers for those Amazon eggs! BTW, how are you doing outside of baby making mode?

January 18, 2005 9:44 PM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Too bad -- but not the end of the world. At least it's a good introduction to trying! Will you be keeping your chart at the top of the page?

January 19, 2005 1:32 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

Sorry to hear that. Maybe this month was just a trial run, and it's going to happen for real next month. Anyway, regardless of what happens, we're all here for you.

Good luck.

One last thing: I'd like to echo Jam Daddy...everything else going okay for you?

January 19, 2005 3:29 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Yeah, I am pretty bummed...but as Carrie said, it isn't the end of the world yet.

Tin foiled, I will leave the ticker at the top of the page....I am hoping one day I can replace it with a pregnancy ticker...

Gotta run!:)

January 19, 2005 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home