Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, January 15, 2005

What??

Man, I wish I knew what I did right this week. For two months now, I have plateaued with the weight loss. Sometimes I might have gained one pound and sometimes I lost one pound...but when it came down to it, I was always the same weight on Saturday mornings (my "official" weigh-in day). I have stopped tracking points with Weight Watchers, and even cancelled my membership. I haven't exercised on a regular basis. I have all the stuff to do the Diabetic exchange lists, but I haven't sat down to plan anything...I haven't even eaten the best things that I should (not as many veggies as I should have, and I had Kraft dinner for supper one night). However, SOMEHOW, I lost 5 pounds this week. That's right, 5 freaking pounds?!

Man, I wish I knew what I did right, because I would like to repeat that!

7 Comments:

Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Maybe that Clomid REALLY agreed with you. LOL

January 15, 2005 6:20 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! Do you think it could have anything to do with your horror stories about the hot flashes?

Either way, I guess 5 pounds is 5 pounds -- not on you anymore.

January 16, 2005 4:29 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

If Clomid caused this, I say bring it on! :)
LOL

I don't know if it had anything to with the hot flash...I really only had the one big one and I never did throw up or anything...But I sure wish I knew what caused the loss, because I have many more 5 pounds to lose! LOL :)

January 16, 2005 8:38 AM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

I would suggest that it's the previous weeks of doing the "right" things that contributed to this weeks great results -- it just didn't show up until now.

Happy CD13!

January 17, 2005 12:44 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Hey Katrina - congrats on the 5 pounds. I have to agree with the last comment here that its probably just the results of the time doing things right but it took a while for your body to catch up :). I've also started on a weight loss plan as of January 1. Weight has been slowly creeping on and I suddenly found myself about 90 pounds overweight. Throughout most of my adult life I have been about 30-40 pounds overweight but also maintained a fairly active lifestyle so have never stressed about it too much. But recently its been creeping on and suddenly I find myself winded when I do anything that even is a little bit like exercise so its time to get on with taking it off. I joined e-diets online as I just can't fit in meetings somewhere else because it requires driving to Medicine Hat on top of going to the meeting. Anyway - I've lost with e-diets before so I think I'll be okay. Just wanted you to know you're not alone :).

January 17, 2005 6:46 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Tin foiled and Monica, I suspect you might be right, as I can't come up with any other reason...:)

Monica, good luck with the weight loss! :)

January 17, 2005 9:32 AM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

I forgot to say "Hooray and Congratulations!". I have no doubt that you earned those five pounds with all your efforts!

Keep up the good work, and don't worry about plateauing!

January 18, 2005 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home