Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Thursday, December 30, 2004

HOME!!

I am home. Actually, I got home yesterday afternoon, but have been quite busy catching up on everything.

I had a good Christmas home with my parents. I visited with family and friends, drank copious amounts of coffee (not the 1/2 half-caf/1/2 decaf mix that I have been drinking..but real coffee), and played lots of cards. I was able to see everyone I had hoped to see and stayed relatively healthy for the entire trip (except for my last evening when I came down with either a stomach flu in the middle of the night or a serious case of reflux).

My parents actually finally gave me money for Christmas. I was stunned. I have asked for money for years, but to no avail. I suppose it is because I only asked for trivets and money. The timing was great and I am sure that they will be thrilled to know that they helped contribute to having a grandchild;)

I never got around to telling my parents about my plans to TTC. I wanted to but kept chickening out. However, Ryan tells me that his mom knows that is a possibility for me...whether she knows that from suspecting it or from my mom I don't know.

I did get pictures of the disco star which my dad and I ran all around the city looking for a new lightbulb for. We finally pushed the top of the fake tree to the side and were able to get the star on and working. I will post pics in the next couple days...I don't know how to yet.

When I got home yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment to check on my blood pressure since changing meds. It was 134/89 and she hemmed and hawed over it and then decided to leave things as they are for another 3-4 weeks and then I will go back in. Since I have diabetes, and because I am trying to get pregnant, she really wants it to be below 130/80...BUT, there was good news at this visit. She was very pleased with my consistent glucose readings and I am down to only one test a day, after a meal, as long as I can keep it below 140! Of course, this is only until pregnancy.

On the fertility end of things, I am very thrilled to report that it looks like I ovulated on CD23 which is incredible! That is back to my normal ovulation time and no drugs to start! If anyone enjoys tracking these things, feel free to visit my chart at Fertility friend. If indeed I did O, and I actually have a regular period at the end of this cycle, I can expect to inseminate the third or fourth week of January. :) Next RE appointment is Tuesday.

Well, that's about it for my quick update. Hope you all have a great New year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

Hey Katrina - our similarities always make me laugh. I too had a hard time telling my parents about my plans to become a single mommy... and kept putting it off. I finally told them AFTER I had been officially matched to Mikey (at that point I had already done all the homestudy stuff for my adoption). Mikey was due home in about 3 weeks time and I figured they should know ;). It was a hard first few days and if I had it to do over though I'm not sure that I would have told them any sooner... this way they had no choice but to jump in once he came along. With too much time they would have just continued to try and bring me down about it.

December 31, 2004 6:15 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

That fertility friend site looks neat.

I'm glad you had a good holiday, the disco star worked and you got photos, and you made it home safely.

I wish you the best of luck in 2005 with everything!

December 31, 2004 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home