Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Still procrastinating...

OK, so it is now 6:36 and nothing has been done on my list...

I did a google search on the shampoo mom wanted and found that they had it online at Walgreens, so i went back to Walgreens to see if I hadn't just missed it somehow. I asked one of the sales clerks and she told me that they were all sold out and have been since Thanksgiving??!! Sorry mom..

I went to Dairy Queen after that and picked up some supper...I know, not a good healthy dinner, but I have been working on cleaning out the food in my fridge since I was going away tomorrow...It was nummy but my hot fudge sundae tasted like coffee...do they have mocha flavoured syrup or something? I don't know..it was weird.

What really prompted my post right now is one of the ads at the side of my page here. There was an ad from Bethany Christian Service. I am all for adoption and Christianity, I think most of you know that by now. However, I really dislike this organization as they are constantly advertising on the Christian radio station (which I usually listen to every morning) about finding a family for every child blah blah blah...when I have contacted them and do not accept singles. I suppose to your average person you see no evil in this...but come on now...this just seems wrong when you are advertising about how you want to find a home for these children and there are people out there who would give anything to have a child, but you reject them because they weren't fortunate enough to get married??!!! It really irks me...and I wish they didn't advertise on my site.

3 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

Tell them you are married to the "Church" and all others fall short. Put yourself down as married. If that does not work tell them you are hoping to adopt a boy and raise him to be a good husband for yourself. Anything to annoy them, lol. Since they only let the people they like adopt I wonder if they only place the children they find appropriate. Do they toss the Muslim, Jew, and Crack babies to the curb? Maybe you should ask. They might let you dig through the scraps. What ding dongs!

Hope you are having a Happy and Hectic Holiday!

December 19, 2004 11:22 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Katrina,

When I started the adoption process I also contacted some religiously affilated adoption agencies and got the same response from them - they only took married couples who practiced their religion and they even had an age range that they were looking for. I thought it was horrid given how many children are out there that need any family... and add to that the fact that I was specifically looking to adopt a child with special needs who some would term "hard to place" it was completely insane! In the end, I actually went with public adoption rather then private partially because none of the private agencies had any history of placing children with trisomy 21 so I figured they wouldn't be starting for me. Anyway - I just wanted to say I agree with you.

December 20, 2004 7:58 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

The hypocrisy in the adoption world blows my mind.

December 20, 2004 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home