Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, December 19, 2004

No luck...

I have not been having any luck with the email postings it seems...

So, I will attempt to rewrite my post from yesterday.

This past week has been a hectic one. The week before was Homecoming which took a lot out of me to begin with and then this was the week before Christmas vacation when all kids go nut-so. LOL. :)

It isn't really that I did THAT much out of the ordinary. On Wednesday I had a parent conference after school and then went to JoAnn's Fabrics to pick up something to encase the truffles I was about to make that evening for the other World languages ladies. I got to work on them probably around 6 or so but then I failed to notice that I had to wait for them to chill and so before I knew it, it was 9 and things weren't ready and I was exhausted and off to bed I went.

Thursday, I decided to do a craft with my kids. I read them an abbreviated version of the "legend of the poinsettia" (Mexican folklore) and then we made construction paper poinsettias. Of course, the kids loved it, and I was utterly exhausted when the day was over. BUT, I started a tradition my first year here and they all expect it now, so I had much more to do this evening. I came home from school, exhausted as I said, so I had a nap until about 6. Then I got up, and proceeded to bake, frost, and decorate 150 cupcakes for the kiddos. I finished around 11ish and realized I still didn't finish the gifts for the WL ladies...I decided they would have to understand and I gave them the other half of their gift not even decorated (tea/hot chocolate mixes I made and put in jars).

Friday, I barely even woke up when the alarm went off I was so exhausted. But, I dragged myself out of bed, strapped the many tins into the car (buckled them in so they wouldn't tip), and headed to school to set up for our fiesta. Again, the kids loved it, and I was dead to the world by the time the last bell rang. As always, most kids appreciated the cupcakes that I made for them with a couple knuckleheads who complain they only get one...

I got two gifts and a card from students on Friday. In high school, it is rare to get gifts from your students, so they are all that more special.

I was very good about treats, I had NO cupcakes, and only one little piece of some oatmeal/caramel bar thing that a student brought. I was very impressed.

So, Friday night there were many things I SHOULD have done, but again, was too tired.

Saturday morning, I got up at 9 (I had slept 12 hours!!!), had a quick breakfast and then headed over to my aunt's. I had received free tickets for Handel's Messiah and my aunt, cousin Cheryl and I headed down to Benaroya Hall for a marvelous performance. It really was great, and as my aunt said, I wish they had sang the Hallelujah chorus again, it was that moving!

So, you see, it has been a very busy week, and I have STILL not done hardly anything on my list that MUST be done before I leave tomorrow morning to visit my parents for 10 days....I did, however, finally figure out (I think) why I am so exhausted these past couple weeks. (of course, if it had been at ALL possible, I would have thought I was pregnant!) When I got my new blood pressure meds, the pharmacist told me one of the side effects was making you tired. It had better improve as you adjust to the meds, cause I can't live like this...I literally feel dead to the world all the time.....

Anyway, since I can't seem to figure out how to email posts, I likely won't be posting again until the 29th...have a merry Christmas all my wonderful blogging friends!:)

2 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

Sounds like you've had a busy week! I think we all have with the holidays approaching. Can you believe Christmas is less than a week away?

Good luck with getting all the items crossed off your to-do list.

I hope you have a great, happy and safe holiday!

December 19, 2004 5:38 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Oh man..let's NOT talk about how soon Christmas is...I think I have two gifts bought..yikes!! However, I talked to my mom yesterday and she was very thrilled to hear that I wanted to go shopping when I get there (I hate shopping..she loves it).

As for my list...well, the first load of laundry just buzzed, so must get that off to the dryer and the new load in...and I decided there are no Christmas cards this year:( and that my aunt will have to live with my dirty bathroom (though I will dry the floor and wall as best I can after tomorrow's morning shower)and kitchen while over to feed the cats, and the other things can be done realtively quickly....my exhaustion is back and I am ready for bed...so must get to packing and preparing litter bags.

December 19, 2004 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home