Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Santa Claus is coming...

Yep. The Christmas season has definitely arrived here.

Saturday morning I went out with my uncle and cousin to chop down a Christmas tree. It was really cool as I had never done that before. They picked me up about 8:30 and we drove out to this tree farm near Stanwood. The lady gives you a saw and a piece of cardboard to kneel on and off you go. We walked around and selected the tree probably within about 15-20 minutes. David chopped it down and we took it back to the van. We enjoyed some free hot chocolate and candy canes and headed back into town. They dropped me off at home and they headed home to decorate.

I went out to the Christian bookstore to pick up some Christmas cards and ended up buying some DVDs too. When I got home, I planned to write my Christmas letter and get my Christmas cards ready. I realized I forgot to pick up paper for the letters so just relaxed and caught up on some of the shows I have recorded and not had time to watch lately..

I headed back to my aunt and uncle's by around 4 for dinner. They had the tree up but weren't finished decorating. David was heading into Seattle for a Sonics game and we were going into Seattle for a Mexican Christmas concert. The concert was put on by someone in their church and she told about the traditions in both Spanish and English and sang many Christmas songs (in Spanish) and we had the words to join in. It was fun and I hope I can convince my students to go next year!:)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went walking around the center of Paris this weekend and passed by the garden market on Île de la Cité. They're selling the spindliest, crappiest Christmas trees for between 26€ and 40€ (about $40 to $60 CDN).

Charlie Brown wouldn't have given them a second look!

Just as a side note for everyone else, Katrina's family always had a lovely, thick Douglas Fir, with an insane spinning disco star on top -- and this was in Alberta.

I pine for the glory days of British Columbia, where every Christmas tree was first-class!

December 13, 2004 6:43 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

A spinning disco star? Got pictures of that? That's something I'd love to see.

December 13, 2004 4:00 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Yikes, sounds like trees in Paris are mighty expensive. Of course, the kind my parents used to get was right up there...but at least they were nice. :)

Blasphemies of all blasphemies, my parents bought a fake tree this year. I am horrified. :( I do hope our disco star will fit on it.

Carrie, I actually don't think I have any pictures though it has been the talk of my friends ever since I can remember...it truly is something to see and I have never seen anyone else having anything like it. However, the past few years it has seemed that it is slowing down. In fact, I seem to remember going to the hardware store last year trying to find a bulb because it died and we couldn't find a replacement....I hope they are able to find something this year. :)

Ryan, you don't happen to have any pics do you?

December 13, 2004 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This year, we'll take a thousand pics and blow them up to A4 and frame them. It can be your blog header!

It's not a classic disco ball -- you know those cellophane lamps that rotate when the light bulb heats up? Put one of those inside a crystal disco ball, which is framed by a gold star.

It's one of those magic Christmas things.

December 14, 2004 6:44 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

Oh my god I SO need one of those. I got some mirrored disco ball ornaments for the tree a few years ago, and that would coordinate so perfectly. The last few years I've been decorating the tree in white and purple, but I want to get either a white or a silver tree, and disco it up.

December 14, 2004 9:36 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Oh my. My head has been pounding since I woke up this morning so I left immediately after school to come home and lie down, but I checked emails first...

You both have given me such a great big smile thinking about the good times we have had over the years with my mother's disco star...

Carrie, if you ever find one, let me know as I would love to have one of my own some day... :) Ryan described it perfectly for you....(I don't know why he is going anon these days...maybe cause he is accessing from work?)

December 14, 2004 2:50 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

Sorry to hear that you're feeling poor. Hope some rest makes you feel better.

I'm glad that we were able to bring you a smile. And if I find a spinning disco star, it's mine. But if I find 2, then I'll share. :)

December 14, 2004 5:57 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

Sorry for the double post, but thought you might like to know that someone else had a disco star.

December 14, 2004 6:05 PM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

I also googled around looking for one, but it's pretty hard to sift out the sheer volume of Christmas stuff for sale!

Those anonymous comments yesterday were me by the way!

December 15, 2004 4:34 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

You both inspired me to do my own searching...I have not yet found one, but I have found someone else who had one and searched for one as well...These all are the exact same thing I am sure...anyway...I will ahve to keep looking. :)

December 15, 2004 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home