Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, November 26, 2004

Thanksgiving (a little late)

So, yesterday was thanksgiving here in the US.

I spent the day at my aunt and uncle's house with my cousin and then some other more distant cousins too... Amy, one of those distant cousins, brought along her friend's little 3 year old boy...he was such a cutie...I couldn't stop looking at him. :)

I did relatively well with the poking yesterday. I always got it right on the second or third try..and my numbers were surprisingly good. I think it may have something to do with taking my Metformin without the other pills I usually take. I had brought along my Metformin only since they were the only pills that had to be taken with food. I also watched what I chose of course, but I did have a little of most things, even cake (I don't like pumpkin pie), and my numbers were all within the range that they were supposed to be yesterday...amazing!

I couldn't help but think that next year for Thanksgiving I hope to be either pregnant or, if I was super lucky on the first two tries of IUIs, have my little one with me! It was so surreal to think about...

Today, I got up and headed out to JoAnn's to buy some yarn since I had a 20% off your total order coupon...it was craziness in there, but I did manage to pick up the yarn I need to make an afghan FOR ME. It was funny, the other day I was talking to someone (don't remember who) about all my knitting and they asked what I had knitted for myself, and I realized I have made two afghans for people, three scarves for people, two baby blankets for what ever babies arrive next, but nothing for me! So, I bought the yarn to make an afghan, very simple one not as fancy as those I have made for others, for my living room and yarn to make a sweater for me...I am kinda leary about making the sweater since I have never knit clothes before...should be interesting. Also, my afghan requires me to change colours frequently, and I can't find anywhere in ALL my books, on how to do that..............

Anyway, you will note that what I have not done since Monday, is anything related to my grad school work...which means that I have about 3 late assignments to get in today, and then to get cracking all the other assignments...so I am off! Have a great day after Thanksgiving! (and I will catch up with all your blogs sometime this weekend)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah - if only you were crocheting rather than knitting, I could give advice on changing colors. Alas, I have no knitting knowledge. Still, I think it is a wonderful idea to be making something for yourself. Over the years I have made countless baby blankets and blankets for others, but I don't yet own a single thing I've made...they've all been given away.

Here's to spending some of your talent on yourself.

Mandy (infertilityisfunny.blog-city.com)

P.s. Good job on the #'s too. Also,hopefully the educator talked to you about pairing carbs with protein. Great way to help your body with processing carbs!! Let me know if you want more info. :) (Hubby is a diabetic and I've got PCOS and slight insulin resistance)

November 27, 2004 9:11 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

I can't help you any with knitting either, all I know to do is crochet badly. I do own a pair of knitting needles, which I use for back scratching and unlocking the doors that my son locks (it fits right in the hole to pop the lock on our bedroom doors). Sorry. :(

Good job on your testing and your numbers. If you need any good diabetic recipes, let me know. We've got some cookbooks around here.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

November 28, 2004 1:23 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

Hey, I was browsing the web and came across an article about PCOS that made me think about you. You may have already read this, but I thought I'd share. You can read it at INCIID.

Hope you're having luck with your assignments.

November 28, 2004 4:23 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks Mandy and Carrie! I talked to my mom and apparently it is supposed to be easy to start a new colour....so we will see. First I want to finish a scarf I am making for a friend for Christmas (not you Ryan, sorry..).

The nurse did talk about pairing carbs and protein...though I am not so good at this yet. I don't usually meat all day, and nuts are high fat (I was told to do high fiber, low fat), so.....any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks Carrie for that link. I have been INCIID to read some of the actual studies before, but had never come across this article. It was very interesting.

November 29, 2004 8:38 PM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

What do you mean? No scarf for me? I am insane with jealousy! Arg!

Just kidding.

By the way, my colours this year are light and dark beige, olive green, sauge, burgundy and red. Just if you're interested...

December 09, 2004 6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home