Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Updates

I had my appointment with the diabetes education nurse this morning. I was there about 2 hours...mostly just talking about diabetes, food choices, foot care, etc. We practiced with the monitor once. I did fine there...but not since I have gotten home. :( I have to monitor at least five times a day...and it hurts despite whatever anyone tells you. Yuck. Anyway, so after that I came home for an hour and a half and had lunch. Around 2 I tried to test myself on my own at home (I am supposed to check two hours after meals), and tried three times and kept getting errors. I didn't have time to keep trying so I threw the monitor in my purse and started the long drive through traffic to the fertility clinic.

I made it with about 10 minutes to spare so tried two more times and FINALLY got it to work. This was now about 3 hours after eating and my score was 139..not too good since my target is under 140 2hours after a meal, and we can only assume at 2 hours it was higher.....
Anyway, So, went to my fertility appointment and we just talked about the blood tests that had come in (a couple still aren't in), and then our plan of action. I have a little list of things to do and as long as they are finished, we plan to do the first insemination in January! Of course, my little list will take quite a while:
- see a perinatalogist (sp?) to further investigate possible clotting issues
- order sperm anytime in December
- get the rest of my blood test results
- monitor blood glucose religiously
- exercise in December

Yes, she actually wrote exercise on my list...so now I HAVE to get my butt in gear....I am thinking about joining 24 hour fitness as they are the only gym near me that has a pool (I think I would like to take an aquacise class). BUT I am super embarrased and scared to go....

Anyway, after that appointment I headed back to my aunt's as it was my cousin's birthday and we went to this Indian restaurant in Edmonds. It was nice and I think I made a good food choice with a chicken salad. I tried to test my blood before dinner, but after three tries and no luck, I gave up. After dinner, we came back and had birthday cake and visited. After 1 failed attempt, I did actually get my blood taken 2 hours after dinner...awful. It was 173....how depressing. I mean, yes, I had a piece of cake, but a reasonable piece of cake, not like a huge piece by anyone's standards....:(

4 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

Oh sweetie, it'll be okay. *hugs*

Just keep an eye on what you eat, and do start exercising. You'll feel a lot better not only physically but mentally. And don't worry about being embarrassed. Everyone else is too embarrassed themselves to bother with you. :)

The glucose monitoring will get better. My mom found out she has diabetes earlier in the year, and she's now a master with her monitor.

January sounds so close. That's a little over a month away. Wow. There's a possibility that you could be holding your own baby at this time next year. Wouldn't that be nice? I wish you the best with everything.

Just hang in there. I know you can do it!

Your head cheerleader (Carrie) :D

November 24, 2004 10:11 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Katrina,

I've been looking for an update from you for a couple of days now. Sorry to hear about the blood-testing garbage and I hear you on the fear of others looking at you. I think everyone feels it :(. But I also think you will feel a lot more energized once you start.

I'm so excited that you might be trying as soon as January! WOW... this is moving right along. I can't wait to hear all about it and someday read the introduction of your son or daughter as he/she comes into the world.

November 25, 2004 6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 26, 2004 8:52 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

LOL...well that didn't work. Sorry for removing an unoffensive post...I was worried that the link to your site was offensive..but that didn't go away!

Anyway, thanks everyone for the support...I have been doing a bit better today, worked on the second try this morning for my before breakfast poke, and the FIRST TIME for my after breakfast...so that is encouraging.

I just discovered, however, that Group Health "covers" the test strips...50 for a month's supply...50??!! How does that work??? Somebody obviously doesn't know how to do their math!

On the exercise thing...I did one of my exercise tapes again today...I think I am just going to MAKE myself do them religiously...save the gym fees for babymaking. :)

I can't believe I am starting so soon either..I still haven't even changed my introduction on the blog that says I plan on starting in the spring or summer! hahah But when she said January, I couldn't make myself tell her I had been planning on waiting!

November 26, 2004 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home