Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Monday, November 15, 2004

Apparently I'm sane..

So, I had my psych consult today. She asked many questions about my plans: when did I decide to pursue single motherhood, how will I cope, what support systems do I have in place, what about day care, how long will I take off work after birth, what am I looking for in a donor, how well I tell my child. All very basic stuff and apparently I convinced her that I am fit to be a mom! Woohoo! :)

As we were talking, one time she said "your daughter" and then goes, oops, I mean your child. It was so unreal to hear someone say your daughter, (or your son for that matter), it sounds so much more real than your child or your baby.

I also got the rest of my blood tests taken so now I just have to hope they all get in on time. I set up my follow-up appointment for next Wednesday. Somehow I have to do some sweet talking tomorrow since I was supposed to be surpervising poster painting for Homecoming week that day...

Everything is moving along so quickly...it is so exciting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Somehow I surfed on in and just wanted to let you know I am a single mom through anonymous donor and to let you know I have ever bit of faith in you that you will make it...Keep the faith and if you want please feel free to email me or check out my blog!

November 15, 2004 10:12 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

Great! Sounds like everything is on track for you. I think you'll really enjoy being a mommy. It's the toughest job you'll ever have, but also the most rewarding. I'm so excited to be able to share in this time of your life.

Have a great week!

November 16, 2004 9:27 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Woo hoo Katrina! Wonderful news. I'm so glad that its all moving along so nicely for you. Congrats on passing the sanity test - lol.

November 16, 2004 3:08 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks Carrie, Monica and Crystal! I appreciate the comments and I love having someone to share this journey with! What a ride! Monday I was so excited, and then boom Wed hit, and today, Thurs, I am allowing myself to get excited again.

Crystal, I am so happy you stopped in! I love meeting other SMCs. :)

November 18, 2004 9:26 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

I always find it comforting when my therapist says 'hey, you're doing a great job.' lol...apparantly I'm sane too...and not to worry that 16 doesn't last forever.

Btw - I started another blog, if you have a minute, feel free and take a peek.

www.atthebottomofmyheart.blogspot.com

November 19, 2004 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home