Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, November 06, 2004

In a funk...

So, you would think that I would be all giddy with excitement over my upcoming first appointment with the RE (reproductive endocrinologist) on Tuesday. Well, I am quite excited about it actually, I had strange dreams last night, three of them actually, and all about either pregnancy, TTC (trying to conceive) or Baby.

But, I am really in an icky funk that I can't get out of today. I have so many things I SHOULD do. I have at least 4 assignments (short) that need to be done by midnight. I haven't even logged onto Blackboard at all to read the discussions for my classes. I have 130 quizzes to grade. I need to make sub plans for Tuesday. I would love to have my house unpacked one day. I must must MUST finish everything for my professional certification by NEXT MONDAY or I have to start the whole painful disgusting process over again. I could practice/play/learn a new song on the piano....

But instead, I have sat inside doing very little. My cousin came over to use the computer this morning as theirs was broken so I did actually get one of my readings done for this week while he was here, but that is it.

I really need to make some friends near my age in this country, ideally in the area. Just to get out and go for coffee, or go bowling or something, other than sit here all day...blech. I hate when I get like this...

8 Comments:

Blogger Tsarina said...

I know what you mean about needing to find friends; my few friends who live near me are married with kids, leaving little time for outside activities, and my work friends are an hour away. Sometimes I feel like my work IS my life...sigh! Anyway, I'm feeling gloomy with you- misery loves company!!!!! Hope tomorrow is better!

November 06, 2004 5:45 PM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

You are always welcome to come have coffee with me. I make a mean cup of select home mixed (my special blend) coffee. I am only 4 hours away, and I don't think I am that much older than you.

Bring Tsarina on your way over.

November 06, 2004 10:11 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hehe...age doesn't matter that much. I don't know why I said that really...I guess I was thinking about the young new teachers who come every year...I have so little in common with them. Anyway, don't you live on the other side of the country Jam Daddy? How is that four hours??? ahhaha

Tsarina, I am sorry that you are down too...it sucks. It seems that it is really hard to find time to make new friends as a teacher, doesn't it?
*big hugs*

November 07, 2004 9:11 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Katrina,

I have report card marks due in tomorrow morning and have done little on that this weekend! I need to take Mikey to get a haircut this afternoon so it won't be happening until this evening when I will also have planning for tomorrow to do. Yikes! I hear you about the new teachers coming in - although I enjoy them its very different from the place that I'm at in my life is. And since adopting Mikey I feel even more disconnected at times because I don't really fit with my married parent friends and I don't really fit with my single non-parent friends. Its tough.

Sorry that wasn't meant to be about me... just wanted to say I hear you and am sorry you're feeling in a funk. This time of year never helps that either!

November 07, 2004 11:02 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Monica, No need to apologize...it is nice to know that I am not the only one who feels this way sometimes. This is my third year here and I don't have friends I do things with outside of school related things on a regular basis....I don't even know how to find them! hahaha :) Oh well, my quizzes are calling me right now, must mark them so I can go to school and update our online grading system and write lesson plans for Tues...

November 07, 2004 11:29 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Katrina - that is how I felt in regards to friends the whole time I was working in Kelowna (6 years)... it seemed that the only friends I could find were other teachers and although I love teachers it is nice to have a bit more of a balance. I now live in the town I grew up and have reestablished friendships with those who have stayed here or moved back here as well as am starting to now establish some friendships with other parents who have children Mikey's age. It did become a bit easier once I was a mom because you could go to places with him and meet people at those places.

Speaking of being a mom... what is happening on that front with you. I'm thinking we need to use this nice safe place for a message board for a while - lol!

Monica

November 07, 2004 5:13 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Monica - LOL tell me about it! I peeked in over there this afternoon, and there was ANOTHER thread about religion and a different thread with a new girl who wanted support and, while I agree with them that she likely may be too young at 20, I still think they should be somewhat more welcoming!

On my TTC front, nothing too new here yet. My RE appointment is on Tuesday and I am very excited...I have been peeing on every stick I see it seems, but no ovulation...sigh...But that isn't too surprising. I don't think I will begin until after Christmas, although, if they offered me the opportunity for one cycle before Christmas I wouldn't refuse!

I have thought of moving home a few times, but I don't think I will do that. I really really don't like being cold hahah, and I only have one friend there now and she has 3 kids and working on a 4th...And I bought my house here a year ago, AND I really like the school I am working at. So, I just have to figure out a way to make some friends...I haven't had any luck meeting people at my church, but then again, I haven't been attending as regularly as I should since I started grad school...

November 07, 2004 5:45 PM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

4 hours by plane. I know they fly directly from SeaTac to Dulles. Of course you have to make one stop for Tsarina.

I actually have a Yahoo Group of my own for meeting people locally. It has about 130 members and keeps growing. We get together once or twice a month. I started the group to make friends outside of my normal circles.

November 07, 2004 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home