Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The best family ever!

I just have to take a minute to brag that I have the best family ever. On Sunday, my uncle and cousin came to my classroom to remove the huge moon wallpaper mural on my wall. I never specifically asked them to do it, I just mentioned in passing a while back how weird it was to be learning Spanish on the moon...

But that is not all. When I came home from school Sunday, my garage door opener (which my uncle had probably spent about 3 hours working on over the year I have been here...), finally died. It was inevitable...it never worked quite right, but it truly went out with a bang. For weeks now I have thought I smelled smoke in the garage and couldn't figure it out. I convinced myself it was the chimney smoke from my neighbours. It finally proved me wrong Sunday afternoon when my garage door opener was smoking so bad I was frantic that the smoke alarm was going to go off and/or my entire house was going to burn down. I unplugged it and in about 20 minutes the smoke stopped...but the garage door died.

So, of course, I emailed my uncle. I wanted to know who/where to get a new one and he offered to come take a look at it. He came by Tuesday, checked it out, and figured he might be able to do it. So today, he bought me a new one (don't worry, I paid for it...he always tells me he enjoys spending my money) and this afternoon/evening he and my cousin spent about 4 hours installing the new garage door opener...I am truly blessed. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

Good family can't be beat. Bad family can't be beat enough.

November 03, 2004 8:08 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

LOL. :)

November 03, 2004 8:09 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

Sounds like you've got some great helpers! You're very lucky to have such a great family.

November 04, 2004 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loving JamDaddy's comment!!!

Awesome family!
Mandy (infertilityisfunny.blog-city.com)

November 04, 2004 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home