Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Loooooong Week

What a VERY long week...

It is the beginning of the new quarter for my Master's degree, and for my classes for ESL certification...that means that Monday I am at school from 6 am to 3 and then head over to my ESL class from 4-8:30..and get home a little after 9....what an incredibly long day...

Then on Tuesday, we had Open House from 7-9 pm...Some of the other teachers invited me to dinner with them, so I stayed at school...I will never do that again. I need to get out of the school for a little while...6am - 9 pm in my mouldy smelly classroom is way too long...

Wednesday I tried to catch up on my online classes (I am taking three online grad classes this quarter).

Thursday, we had staff meeting after school, and I called my mom who sounded like she was on her death bed....Then I talked to my aunt briefly as she invited me over for Friday. She called back five minutes later having called my mom and worried sick about her...

Friday, I gave a test in my classes which means that I have 150 tests to grade this weekend..woohoo! Then I met my aunt for dinner...that was nice..Oh, and Mount St. Helen's erupted...

So yeah, today I have been trying to finish this week's grad school lessons, and start on next weeks...and I called my mom who FINALLY went to a doctor who X-rayed her neck/arm, gave her some pain killers and sent her to the physiotherapist (she has a pinched nerve and can't do anything...)

LONG, LOOOOONG week...

Next week isn't looking too bad right now, maybe I will be able to stay on top of things better. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

Now add a new child into that mix and think about all the fun. Diapers, diaper bag, strollers, crying, feeding, daycare, shopping, up all night. This is just prepping you for the future, lol.

I am messing with you. Seems like it has been a tough week for everyone with few exceptions. Take care of yourself and Mom.

October 02, 2004 10:28 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

So very true...

However, I won't have the stress of 4 courses on top of my job...:)...that is what truly makes my weeks long...only 6 more months! WOOHOO!:)

October 02, 2004 10:41 PM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

Oh, so a kid means your education stops, hahahahaha. Don't you teach? Don't they require on-going education? Believe me, it will be something. Before kids you never have enough time or money, but once they get here you always find ways to make it work. Best Wishes on you busy schedule!

October 03, 2004 4:14 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Haha. Of course, I will have to continue my professional development...but that is quite different from Grad School. No homework, no weekly readings...just spending a Saturday every few months or so at boring meetings. :)

October 03, 2004 4:51 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

On the child/education thing: I've been meaning to go back to school for years now. I keep saying, "It's going to be next semester." And the next semester comes and goes without me seeing the inside of a classroom. Between work and my family, I really don't have a whole lot of free time. If I could take the classes I need online, that would be a different story. I have free time at night after the kiddo goes to sleep. Too bad there aren't night owl classes. :)

Just think, today you're over the hump. It's all downhill from here. You'll make it.

October 06, 2004 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home