Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Dieting updates...

A quick update on dieting progress here...

School started, and as I feared, I don't have energy to do my exercise tapes after school...I can't even stay awake most nights after supper...

I have stopped logging everything I eat in the WW points tracker. I am not exactly sure why I did that...it just happened once I started school...I guess it just takes time, and I am not home to put it in immediately before/after I eat something.

When I look at what I am eating every day, it really doesn't seem to have changed much, hasn't changed much from what I would have been eating last year for instance. Except, I do make myself eat at least 3 servings of fruits/veggies a day. In the summer, I was always getting all 5 in, 2 servings were almost always a salad. It is hard to keep that up during school (unless I went to the caf to get the soup/salad bar...but I mentioned why I no longer do that in the post below). Making salads take a bit of work, and I am really picky about having fresh, crisp lettuce or I can't get it down.

That said, I was expecting a gain this week. Not a big gain, but either a little gain or even staying the same. I exercised only one day last week. One night I thought, I really need to keep up my exercise and put in the 3 mile WATP, and I couldn't do it! I stopped around 1.5 miles. I think it might have been that it was WAY too warm in my house, and I just woken up from my after school coma. :) That was it for exercise.

So....imagine my surprise when I lost 2 pounds! That's right...2 pounds! I am at a total loss of 15.5 pounds. I would have liked to be down 20 at this point (2 months in), but I will take 15.5. I hope that I can continue to lose...I really don't want to renew my online WW subscription when it comes due, as I am more strapped for cash right now than I expected...and still have 5 more grad classes (about $6000) and 4 more ESL endorsement classes (about $500) and one more professional cert class (about $400) to pay...and after all that I was hoping to begin TTC...which will likely cost about $2000 a month (my entire take home salary)......

If anyone out there has any magic to be shared, either for losing weight without trying somehow or earning money without working somehow hahahah...I am all ears!;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Kat! What a way to start the school year! I am glad you are doing well and I am trying not to stress myself to death!

Things are going okay and I have been trying to share my blog as well as your with some of my close friends!

DH is sleeping and I should be doing the same. I have to work all by myself this weekand will ne bored out of my mind for most of it!
I want you to know that I am praying for you!

OH! I have found some more kids that I am going to be submitting to my Case Worker so that they can try to match us with one or a sibling group of two.
Keep praying that the backgrounds come back quickly. I am not good at waiting!

Take care and I'll email you in a day or two...

In Christ's Love,

September 12, 2004 9:06 PM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

Secrets of weight loss. Try Men's Health magazine. It is geared toward the single guy, however the recipie's are quick, easy, single serving (maybe two), and healthy listing the details needed to fit them into weight watchers. My wife loved them and we still use a number of them today even though she does not do WW. Plus you get some great insights into men, it's like our version of Redbook. My wife thinks its the best bathroom book ever, lol.

Where in WA are you? I love visiting the state and have lots of family there. Skagit Valley tulips, Camping in the mountains, ferry rides to Canada.

September 12, 2004 9:12 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

I agree with Jam Daddy about Men's Health magazine. That does have some great ideas. My neighbour at work subscribes and brings them to work from time to time. He also has a book that was published by the Men's Health people, The Belly Off Program. It looks to be a medically sound weight-loss/fitness program.

As far as motivation for your exercise/eating, just keep your goal in mind. I'm working full time with a very active 2 year old. I usually get home around 5:30, spend about an hour at home, just unwinding from work and playing with the kid, and then I go out for my run. I come back from running and then it's dinner time. We've had to make some adjustments to accomodate my running, but it's worth it.

I also track my food. I use a free web-based program called FitDay. I find personally that it's easier to stay on my sensible eating plan if I find a way to make myself visibly accountable. This way, if I eat a piece of chocolate cake, candy, or a double cheeseburger, I see the calories, the fat, the carbs that I've eaten.

Last thing: you're doing a great job and I'm proud of you for what you've done so far! Keep it up!

September 13, 2004 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home