Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Thursday, August 19, 2004

"Baby" or "a/the baby"

OK. So this came up a long time ago, near the beginning of my blogging journey. My faithful reader and supporter R asked me why do I always refer to future baby Johnson as baby, without an article in front of it.

Upon deep reflection (yeah right), I have come to this conclusion: Baby (with no article) is like a name, and names don't require articles...I wouldn't say "the R" for instance...:) Well...now that I think about it, I did have a friend once, she will remain anonymous though I will say that she lived on an island and had long (and I mean looooong) blond hair....and she did refer to some people like, Tyler for instance..as the Tyler on occassion at least.

So, yeah...that is the official name until Baby becomes a living breathing human being that I am holding in my arms. :)

Other things that happened today...

I finished my reading paper, yeah me! I think it even ended up being not too bad. I also made the last weekly module posts for my School Curriculum class.

I did nothing else..but I have sworn that I will not go to bed tonight until I have a topic and at least two resources for my last paper. Tomorrow I will need to also get my Learning with Technology application in....may I will send it off tonight. I didn't change at all from it's draft form...I wonder how much he cares? I currently have 100% in that class...but the LWT application is 200 points (out of 500)............man how do I get myself in these holes????

I read a lot of blogs today. I can't believe what some of you are going/have gone through....I was very angry about the revelations today at Chez Miscarriage...:(

On the Single Mothers by Choice (SMC) list today, I learned of a database showing women's ages/# of ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/protocols/pregnancies...That was somewhat encouraging to read through....gives me some hope as I found two PCOSers who had been successful.

Well, that is all from me for now...I must come up with a fascinating curriculum issue to write a reflective analysis....oh the fun never stops here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Interesting -- so until you meet the baby (and can give it a real name!), you use Baby as the name. I didn't look at it like that.

Good luck with the papers, and let me know when they're done!

August 20, 2004 1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home