Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, October 09, 2004

And the winner is...

OK. I know I said I was going grocery shopping on Friday, but what happened was this:

Friday started out so productive. I slept in late because there were no kids at school, it was a professional development day. Not only was it a professional development day, but it was the only day in the year that we get the entire day to ourselves with no meetings to attend!!!!

Anyway, so yeah. I slept in super late, and still managed to get to school only about 10 minutes later than usual?! I got there before the custodian so the gate to get to my little parking area was still locked...that is how early I was.

I went in my room and got right to work..I had a stack of papers to mark as well as a short test. I started around 6:30 and was done all the marking by 9:30 woohoo!! I made my long weekly parent address. hahaha. Seriously though, I email the parents once a week and tell them what is going on in class, when tests are coming up and any other relevant information. Then I finished up some paperwork for the office, and by 10:30 I was finished all my immediate school related duties. So, I worked on some things for my professional certification (don't get my started on how much I loathe this....) since I have an "N" grade and must complete it by mid-November or start over again (God forbid!!!!!!!!).

Then, I decided to go get some lunch from Subway. When I got to my car, it was raining outside, AND INSIDE my car. Yes, that is right. It was raining on me INSIDE my car. So, I got my lunch, went back to school, ate my lunch, and by 1, I decided to leave early and see if I could get my car to the dealer. The dealer said they contract out that kind of work and that the first time they could get me in was Tuesday morning (I need my car during the week!), so I went home. I didn't want to keep my car outside in the rain any longer. I played the Sims game because Carrie is an evil influence;) hahaha

Anyway, so now, I did get up early this morning (6:30 am for no apparent reason..). Made a big breakfast, watched a bit of TV, and went grocery shopping. I loved all your ideas and will probably make them at some point or another as my aunt and I trade off making fun dinners. However, they have all made it into this big "Canadian Thanksgiving" thing as if Canada is on some other planet, and they do not hear me when I tell them it is the same as American Thanksgiving only earlier...so, I defaulted back turkey. I know, how unoriginal. But, since they all think they are getting some fantastic "ethnic" meal, LOL, I figure I should give them a true Canadian Thanksgiving. Again, I loved all your ideas. I made cornish game hens for myself before and they were delicious...I will make them for aunt/uncle one day as well. I still don't know where I will find a duck...but I may try that one day too. And please Mandy, email me the recipe for your stuffed pork loins...they sound scrumptious! Rack of lamb...I have considered that a couple times for dinner, it is already high on my list of possible dinners to make (my uncle doesn't like lamb is why I haven't....but my aunt and I both do, so I could just make some small meat dish for him..)

Anyway, in other news, I am officially down 20 pounds! WOOHOO! I was so excited. I SOOOO wished I would be down 30 by now, but 20 is better than none. If you remember, my real goal was 150 lost...so I still have quite a ways to go...but at least I am going in the right direction!

I have been really thinking about getting started on the TTC journey lately. I have my annual exam in a week and a half. Funny that I still call it the annual. In Canada, that is what we call it (or at least that is what most women I know call it) because it truly is once a year. Here, I tried to go in last year, and they told me I couldn't. They only do it every 2-3 years, sometimes 4! Because of my insulin resistance and high blood pressure, they let me come in every 2 years...how generous of them.

Anyway...I made my appointment with the doctor I have seen the most, even though I have never officially marked him down as my "primary care physician". I only saw my primary care physician once...two years ago for my first Well Care Visit (that is what they call the "annual" here). After that, she referred me to an OB/GYN because of my PCOS related problems (pretty serious at the time...). Since then, I always see him since that has been my main cause for concern (the insulin resistance (IR) is usually connected with PCOS).

I am excited to see him because I am going to discuss what, besides losing weight, I can be doing now to prepare to begin TTC in the new year. I am also going to see if there are any tests he can do, like for an ultrasound with the infamous "dildocam" as so many TTCers call it or blood tests for hormone levels. Finally, I want to know if he can do any of the IUI(intrauterine insemination) or if I will need to find a clinic/RE (reproductive endocrinologist). It would be great if he could do any/all, because I just might be able to slip an ultrasound or blood test or medication past my insurance if I am there...With a separate clinic there is no way since I have an HMO.

Anyway, this has become a super long post, and I have tons of school work that must be done today so that I will have time to cook all day tomorrow. Have a great weekend, and happy Thanksgiving to any Canadians out there!

6 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

Good luck with your dinner, your car, your doctor visit, and everything else.

Congrats on the weight loss! Never think about where you had hoped you'd be, but where you are now. If you keep up the good work, you'll be at that 30 pound mark before you know it.

And stop playing the Sims! I can speak from a point of authority on this: it will ruin any productivity you may have had before. You'll be watching your sim watch TV and anyone that comes over will be watching you watch your sim watch TV. It all goes out the window.

October 10, 2004 8:27 AM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Hehe. Carrie's statement was beautifully illustrated in this cartoon.

I am well aware of the lost productivity that video games can cause, but in my opinion, it's better than TV! And frankly, wasting a bit of time is good for you -- it's fun, and it makes you appreciate your productive time more!

Everything in moderation, I say.

And super congratulations on the 20 pounds! Imagine -- that's almost five 2-litre bottles of pop that you were carrying with you every day, everywhere you went. Do you feel any different? Have people noticed?

You're well on your way to your goal!

October 12, 2004 7:40 AM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

For those not in-the-know, pop is Canadian code for "soft drink".

And my video game poison of choice is still "Age of Mythology"!

October 12, 2004 7:41 AM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Sorry for the repeat comments, but I just ran across this. If you have the stomach for Sim Torture, this might make you laugh.

Well, it made me laugh.

October 12, 2004 7:57 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

No need to apologize for repeat comments...I enjoy reading comments. :) I have been known to torture my Sims on occassion too. I purposely kept a kid home over and over and made him angry enough he was sent away...haahha. However, I don't think I am near as torturous as the author of the article you posted!

October 12, 2004 9:31 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

The Sim Torture thing was interesting. I've killed a few Sims, although not on purpose. One caught the backyard grill on fire, and themselves in the process, and I had another drown in the pool because there was only one ladder and they were having a party and the guests were standing directly in front of the ladder having a conversation. Oops. Things happen.

October 14, 2004 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home