Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Spotting!!!

OK boys, you likely do not care and do not want to read further. :) I warned you. :) My hopes is that at some point next year, this will be a true fertility blog...but for now, there are just little bits and pieces of it here and there as I get other things in order.

I am SOOOO excited! I am spotting today. No drugs, nothing to bring it on. Oh, please, tell me that I may have actually ovulated this cycle!!! This is doubly exciting since I had ordered the meds to start a period after my doctor's appointment a week from this coming Tuesday..but if I ovulate now, it will be perfect as the doctor should be able to check with the dildocam if I am producing follicles for the next cycle. WOOHOO!!!!:)

Please let me be ovulating on my own, please, please please!!

For those of you who made it this far and can not understand why a woman would be so excited about impending cramping and bloatiness and everything else associated with the glories of being a woman, let me explain PCOS to you: PCOS can be different for every woman who has it, but mine has been a long history (since I was about 17) of either no cycles for indeterminate amounts of time (meaning I am not ovulating) and so I had to take progesterone to cause a period, or bleeding for unbearable amounts of time like 1 and a half years. Yes, you read that right..it was almost two years when I finally got a D&C to stop it. I have been in the no period category for about 10 months (I force a cycle every 2-3 months). So, it is possible that this spotting will be a true cycle, or it is possible that it will be the start of a long cycle....please please, let it be a real cycle!! (I have some hope as I did notice some EWCM about a week and a half ago....)

5 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

Egg White Cervical Mucus???? You gotta help me out on some of these thing sweetie. I hope you are getting a real cycle, sounds like a good thing in your case. Guess you have to worry about the boys reading, but us men know all about that stuff. Heck I know more about buying pads and other feminine products than my wife since she always sends me to the store, lol.

October 10, 2004 9:38 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

How exciting for you! Do you think it has anything to do with your recent weight loss?

I'm with Jam Daddy on the acronyms. I had to look all the stuff up, having never had these particular issues myself.

I wish you the best with everything!

October 11, 2004 4:12 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

This is kinda off topic, but I wanted to let you know that you were featured in my 7 October word of the day example sentence as the Spanish teacher. You're famous! I've been behind on posting these, I do about a week at a time and save them as drafts, then forget to go back through and publish them. Oops.

October 11, 2004 5:29 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

OK, OK, I get it...you all don't obsess night and day over fertility issues...what is wrong with you all?! LOL :)

I am just kidding...I didn't spell out PCOS because I thought I had before...perhaps I haven't. :) Anyway, PCOS=Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. There are a whole ton of symptoms, and many women have their own special combination. My main symptoms have been my incredibly irregular periods and ovulation (irregular ovulation was diagnosed about 10 years ago when I had a uterine biopsy which showed I had not ovulated in about 2 years), insulin resistance commonly referred to as IR, weight issues, and bad skin...for an adult, but nothing like when I was a teenager!:)

D&C is dilation and curettage, or, scraping out the uterus. Most commonly done after a miscarriage, but can be done for other therapeutic reasons..

and yes, EWCM would be egg white cervical mucus which is what you want to find for a couple days mid-cycle as it is the most fertile and indicates ovulation.

I will try to be better about the abbreviations. :)

I absolutely think my ovulation may be tied to the weight loss....I hope that with more weight loss...All of the many books I am reading have stated that sometimes losing weight can improve fertility.

Carrie, I thought I had been keeping up with your blog, but I must have missed that entry...I will go look for it now. :)

October 11, 2004 8:47 PM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

I knew D&C right off the top of my head. I have beem married tooooo long, lol.

October 12, 2004 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home