Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Road rage

So, Thursday I was driving home and am approaching a strange merge thing to get onto the highway...it is like there are 3 different lanes that are merging into one and then merge to join the freeway. Anyway, I see no cars to my left and I pull into this lane but some guy comes zooming up and I end up cutting him off, but I really didn't see him. Honestly.

Well, he does a lot of honking and beeping and flicking his lights at me, and I figure he has a right to be angry, and in my car I apologize to him. Of course, he can't hear this though.

I merge onto the freeway which is going INCREDIBLY slow. He does as well and eventually maneuvers himself behind me to beep and flick his lights at me constantly some more....

So, I pull over to the next lane to get away from him, and once again he does the same.

I pull over to another lane, and the same.

I pull back into the middle lane...and you guessed it, the same.

I am starting to get quite worried...

I pull back into the far right lane, the slowest of them all, and this time he pulls up in the lane to the left of mine and goes equally slow despite the current speed of his lane and honks his horn constantly yelling obscenities trying to get my attention and does this for at least 5 minutes before he finally speeds up and goes the same speed as his lane...

Seriously, if I had had a cell phone I would have called 911. I thought he was going to shoot me, I really did...and it was all a very honest mistake, due to HIS speeding...

2 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

I hate people like that. I had a similar incident happen a few years ago. I was still in high school, my parents were out of town for the weekend, it was nighttime, and the asshat followed me almost all the way to my house. I was afraid that I'd pull in the house with this jerk right behind me and there'd be no telling what he or she would do. I ended up doubling back and losing him downtown.

People need to lighten up on the roads. Everyone's trying to get somewhere. Acting like that is no good for anyone.

October 30, 2004 10:47 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Hey Katrina - Its Monica (Mikey's mom) from the single moms by choice board! Wanted you to know that I've been reading your blog and enjoying it :). Can't wait to read all about the path to becoming a mom.

All I can say about this story is: Wow! I guess you might get some satisfaction out of the fact that this guy will die of a heart attack before you will. Can you imagine going through life like that? Sure wouldn't be much fun!

October 31, 2004 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home