Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Icing...

I never want to see cake icing again....

What a long day. I got up early to go with my aunt to the Lakeside Rummage Sale and Jan (the other Spanish teacher) had invited herself along too since we were going to spend the day together anyway. So I picked her up at 7:30 am...craziness for a Saturday...

We went to the sale and I managed to leave with only one bag of books this time...and over half were for my classroom. :)

After, I was ready to fall over I was so weak from fasting for my blood tests. Oh yeah, I emailed my other doctor (not the OB/GYN) and she called in some blood tests, just the regulars like cholesterol, CBC, fasting glucose and the like...So we went to Group Health and immediately after stopped at IHOP to get me some breakfast and Jan some lunch. It was funny, our server was a former student and she kept calling me Miss Johnson...felt weird. :)

Anyway, then we came home and made icing for almost 5 hours...we used 20 pounds of icing sugar....try to envision how much icing this is...it is insane....

The things we teachers put ourselves through for these kids...I tell ya.

3 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

What was all that icing for? That is a lot! My mother and sister used to make wedding cakes, so I've seen a lot of icing in my time, but I don't remember ever having that much at one time. Geez...

Hope all your tests turn out okay.

October 30, 2004 10:49 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

OOPS! I forgot to say WHY I made icing, heheh. That is how tired I was..:) The icing is for decorating skull cookies to celebrate day of the dead (dia de los muertos). We do it every year, the kids love it, I am always completely dead by the end of the day (both days really...the icing making day and the actual decorating day).

October 31, 2004 5:56 AM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

"dia de los muertos -- that's that crazy dead people christmas you people celebrate, right?" (Doctor Venture)

Just kidding! Happy day of the dead.

November 02, 2004 7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home