Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, November 05, 2004

Marry an American

The SMC (single mothers by choice) board has gotten really nasty since the election...I am staying away for a while. But, before I left someone posted this link and I thought it was was too funny. :) LOL You have to check it out!;)

4 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

That was hilarious! What makes it especially funny is that my husband and I had a conversation earlier in the week after the election results were announced that if things got too bad, we could leave the country.

November 05, 2004 8:19 PM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

You liberals just kill me! Things continue to get better and better. Great site though. I agree with the premise, don't like freedom and don't like America then go to Canada or another Country. Woohoo! We are sure to win the next election by a bigger margin!

How nasty has the SMC gotten?

November 06, 2004 12:05 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

First, let me make it clear that it is not the "official" SMC which completely stays out of political discussions, but rather an "unofficial" discussion board of SMCs (I belong to both). 95% of whom are Democrats and not Christian, or at least do not hold conservative Christian values. I am really neither Democrat or Republican. I am a Christian and I didn't support Bush in this election. The issue on the SMC list is that the Ds are so upset they lost and that they are afraid of how Bush is incorporating his religion (you know the old..church and state deal) and are lashing out at Bush supporters AND Christians who agree with Bush's values. I fit into the second category (support many of his Christian values but not many of his non-Christian values). It is really nasty...I have decided to leave until it calms down and I know of at least two others who have left for the same reason (though I don't know if they plan on returning).

November 06, 2004 8:48 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Hey as a Canadian all I can say is we don't want 'em! How is that for dispelling the myth that all Canadians are friendly, nice people!

I've also been reading the SMC board you speak of and taking a step back. I can't believe how nasty it can all get :(.

November 06, 2004 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home