Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Thursday, December 09, 2004

I remember...

I finally saw my "primary care physician" yesterday. It was the second time in my life that I have seen this doctor who is supposed to be my main doctor. Despite never seeing her (because I have had no need), I have always kept her as my PCP and I now remember why. She is great!

I went in for "diabetic follow-up". Though we really didn't talk much about it. She walked into the room and said "well, are you sure you have any blood left after all those tests a couple weeks ago?" My OB could never be bothered to even read my chart let alone walk in and KNOW who I was! I was pretty impressed. We talked about all the blood tests and the fertility workup and stuff. I asked her about the letter my RE had sent (actually two letters), and she opened my chart and there they were. She said noone had told her about them, they had just placed them in my chart. Anyway, she immediately got on it and wrote an email write then and there to the perinatalogist to ask about any other tests I needed to rule out clotting disorders. Then we tackled the issue of my blood pressure meds which were not pregnancy friendly and my RE wanted changed. She called down to the pharmacy and was on the phone for about 10 minutes getting info on pregnancy friendly blood pressure meds. Can you believe there are only 2???? Anyway, she researched these two options and found that both required 4 pills a day (she was trying hard to find one that was once a day like my other two) so just chose one for me to try.

In all, I was there for about an hour (scheduled for 20 minutes as the last patient of the day). She never once said anything about me keeping her other than that I would have to call back to make my follow-up appointment because everyone had gone home!

So, this means that I have only two things left to do: order sperm (plan to do this next week) and exercise in December. (I have only got in two exercise days so far....must do better). I am tempted to make my RE appointment end of December when I get home from vacation, but I probably should just wait till January. Having had a spontaneous cycle that just started last week means I doubt the RE will let me take until 35 days have passed and I have no period...sigh...I suppose I should just call and ask.

Well, must go watch Survivor!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Hooray for doctors that care! This one sounds like a keeper.

What are you doing for your exercise days?

December 10, 2004 4:37 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Yep I am very pleased with her...I was beginning to wonder why I was keeping her as my PCP since I NEVER saw her, but now I remember. :)

My exercise days...I do these exercise videos that I bought in the summer. They are walking programs called Walk Away the Pounds. I usually do the 3 mile walk which is about 45 minutes. I have decided it just wasn't worth it to buy a gym membership as I don't have time to go regularly to pay for it and once Baby arrives I won't be able to go anyway (you usually have to sign up for a year).

December 10, 2004 5:52 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

Sounds like a great doctor.

How is your testing going, by the way? Getting any easier for you?

Good luck with your exercise.

December 10, 2004 4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katrina,

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well!!!! Can't wait to hear more about your journey :)

Jennifer

December 10, 2004 5:33 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Glad to the appointment went well. So what did you think of Survivor? Are you as disappointed as I am in who is in the final 4?

December 11, 2004 6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home