Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Christmas!!

I am taking a few minutes here to send off a quick holiday greeting to everyone. My uncle and grandma should arrive here in about 3 hours and my dad has left to go pick up my cousin and should be back in about 8 hours. Mom is off doing all her last minute Christmas shopping to which I was not invited (obviously buying something for me).

Last night I came to a horrible realization. I went out to Montana's for dinner with Ryan and his sister and her girlfriend. Dinner was incredible and I did my best to make somewhat healthy choices apart from the dessert I shared at the end....Then we came home to play a few games of slap, to which I won all three!! (actually, I could have sworn Ryan won one game, but he tells me no...) When it was sufficiently late enough, we headed out to the bar. This is where it hit me: I am old. LOL. I could not tolerate the smoke at all, my eyes were dry and hurt, my nose was plugged, and I had a hard time breathing amidst all the smoke...I tolerated it for two hours, and then I was done. I was home from a BAR by MIDNIGHT!!!! Oh...how sad it is to know that I am getting old...BUT, I look forward to this next stage of my life: motherhood.

I had planned to tell my parents of my TTC plans this Christmas. I have gone over and over different ways to say it...and yet, I just can't find a way to say, "so, starting January I am going to try to get knocked up by a stranger"...Somehow, I just don't know that my rather traditional parents would be able to deal with this...Of course, Ryan tells me it is harder on me to tell them than it is on them to hear this type of surprising news....This is probably true, but I just can't seem to get the courage. I always thought I would tell them when I was pregnant, but then I can see the same concerns...and it may just be that next Christmas they will go to pick me up at the plane, and surprise! You have a grandchild..haahaha

Ahh...but I digress. I really wanted to take a quick moment (before I start the traditional wrapping of my dad's gift to my mom and my mom's gift to my dad and the baking and the baking and the baking....) to wish you all a Merry Christmas. I pray that each and everyone of us have a wonderful holiday with family and friends and that great things are awaiting us all in the new year.


3 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

You're only as old as you feel. My nieces don't agree though. To them, you are old and I'm 2 years away. Your perspective of "old" changes a lot after high school.

About telling your parents: I think the anticipation will end up being worse than the event. In the end, they'll have a grandchild. I don't see that it should make a difference how said grandchild came into the world. But then again, I'm younger and much more liberal, I imagine.

Have a great holiday!

December 24, 2004 4:01 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Merry Christmas! And I hope the New Year brings you good things :-)

December 24, 2004 6:56 PM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

When I was 30 and my daughter was 8 she asked if she would live to be as old as I was. Lord knows if I did not feel old before that turned the tide.

Good luck finding the right time breaking the news to the parents. I am sure they will be supportive. Everyone loves a new child in the family. They will probably be more concerned for your health than anything else.

Happy Holidays!

December 26, 2004 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home