Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Snow?

Out here in the Seattle area, we don't get snow THAT often which means that when we DO, the whole city panics. LOL.

Well, we have had the threat of snow for the past week...it was apparently snowing an hour north of here today, and it is raining here now....so might there be some white stuff when I awaken?

I am torn you see...In Canada, I am all for snow days, a nice surprise day off. Here, however, a snow day means you get a day off in January that you need to make up at the end of the school year...that just plain sucks. So, I really don't know if I am hoping for snow or not...but I sure do keep checking outside;)

3 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

I hope you get some snow this weekend. Just enough to make things white and pretty.

I know all about the panic...does everyone there go to the grocer to stock up on anything they might need in the next 2 weeks -- "just in case"?

January 07, 2005 4:46 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hmm..I don't know about the stocking up...for the most part, people out here are too afraid to go much farther than their front yards when it snows;) LOL..remember, it really only snows a couple days a year here. :)

We did get a light covering of snow last night. It is still around which was a surprise when I came home. THere was no snow in Lynnwood, where I work. I could use a snow day on Monday...no way I am getting all 150 of these tests graded for Monday morning hahhah

January 07, 2005 9:23 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

The stocking up part happens before the snow. Around here, as soon as the word snow is mentioned in a forecast, people flock to the stores. It's crazy. I can understand making sure you have the necessities for a couple of days, but people around here will buy a whole grocery cart of food just because they heard it's supposed to snow an inch. It's crazy.

Hope you get those tests graded.

January 08, 2005 4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home