Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, December 31, 2004

Struggling..

I am really struggling today. Yesterday, I kept busy all day, went to Costco and Safeway and cleaned the floors and the bathroom, and it felt like a pretty productive day.

Today, despite trying to ignore that today is New Year's Eve, time for couples to reflect and look forward to a new year and begin it with the traditional new year kiss, I have done nothing but one measly load of laundry. I am sad, I am listening to music that makes me even more sad, and am fighting back tears almost the entire day.

I have done pretty good the past few months on not focusing on my "single"ness and how depressing that is...but tonight, I just can't seem to kick it...

I truly hope that the rest of you have a wonderful new year's eve.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

im sorry if somehow i made u think or made it worse.
my apologies :(
try to have a good nye.

December 31, 2004 6:12 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Anon, Oh no. I assure it wasn't you. This is very common I am told around the holidays...it will pass soon. I had a healthy supper, and then finished it with a cinnamon roll I should not have had;) That was my celebration I suppose. :) Have a good night, btw, what part of Canada are you from?

December 31, 2004 6:35 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

Katrina, if it makes you feel any better, I've never heard of the tradition of a new year kiss, much less had one.

And keep in mind that you're defined not by who you're with (or not) but by what's inside. And you're beautiful inside!

Hugs to you this New Year's Eve...I hope you have a better night. Watch Dick Clark and see the ball drop in Times Square. Drink a toast to you, to your inner beauty and to all the wonderful things that are going to happen for you in 2005. And remember, you've got a lot of cheerleaders out here.

December 31, 2004 7:32 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Hi Katrina - sorry to hear you had such a hard time on New Years. The holidays are not always the happy wonderful time that others make them out to be as they bring out all that is wonderful but they also bring out all that is missing for most people :(.

I have to tell you that I was asleep by 10 p.m. on New Years Eve. Mikey is up and ready to go at 6 a.m. and he has no plans to be up alone when there is some good morning playing to be done... and if I were to stay in bed it would be some good morning emptying the pantry that would need to be done ;). So I went to bed at 10 so I would be ready for the whirlwind that roll in the next morning!

I said a little prayer when I read this post of yours that this will be your last New Years that you are up until midnight... that the next one you will be catching any moment of sleep you can because you never know when that child of yours is going to need to be fed! Many hugs to you and may 2005 bring you joy that is too much to ever be able to express in words.

January 03, 2005 9:44 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Michelle, Carrie and Monica,

Thank you so much for your support. You girls had me in tears, you really did. I too hope this was my last New year's eve without family of my own....:)

January 04, 2005 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home