Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

RE appointment

Thanks for all the hugs, prayers and warm wishes when i was in such a slump...they were really appreciated. :)

So, today, I had my last check-in appointment with the RE before getting the green light to begin with IUI. I left school early (school ends at 2:00 but our contract is until 2:20...I figure the fact that I get to school every day at least 30 minutes before contract time buys me a few days to leave early) and then was stopped in the parking lot by a fellow teacher who wanted to chat about my car (he is thinking of buying a focus). I still managed to get out of the school parking lot by 2:18 (yes I checked) and made it to the fertility clinic (in downtown Seattle) by 2:45! I don't know how I did that, but that was amazing. LOL. It didn't matter though because I ended up waiting about 40 minutes to see the doctor.

Waiting in the waiting room is really strange. First, it doesn't look like a clinic at all, but rather some official business office right with a big conference table off to the side (never figured out what that is for yet...). Today, was the first time that I saw a variety of different waiting people. Usually, there is like one other woman waiting. Today, there was one woman waiting when I came in, and three more came in shortly after me. Then a man came in by himself (strange...I have NEVER seen a man by himself...probably only seen about 3 men there ever!!), and a lesbian couple. There was this one woman there who I loathed..hahha I wonder if she felt my loathing. Anyway, skinny, tall, blond woman with an absolutely ridiculously sized ring which I took to be a wedding/engagement ring since it was on her ring finger. I am talking completely disgustingly huge...the stone part (not being a big ring person don't know what one calls this section but am sure you know what I mean) was as wide as her entire finger and a little more so and taller than between the knuckle that reaches your hand and the first digit!! I don't know, I just found it offensive. LOL. But really annoyed me was that I was literally sitting on my hands I was so cold, and she was wearing thongs, a short skirt, a shirt and a very light sweater which she took off five minutes after sitting down!!!

OK, while I could tell you interesting tidbits and details of all of us in the waiting room today, I will refrain.

Anyway...so I went in to see the doctor, and she was pleased to see that my entire to do list had been checked off and completed (OK...so the exercise thing has not been very good...but she asked if I exercised and the answer was yes....thankfully she didn't ask how often). I showed her my chart and told her how it seemed I ovulated, to which she agreed. She was distressed by my low low temp today (as was I...quite shocked really, even temped twice this morning I was so shocked), and concerned that I may have a luteal phase defect or LPD(something which Fertility Friend had warned me about a couple years ago..) No worries though, this is something that is a relatively easy fix.

She prints off the instructions for scheduling IUIs and ultrasounds, as well as instructions for a progesterone pool test to check on my possible LPD. She thinks my dip in temps means AF (aunt flo) is coming very soon (as do I since I have been a bit crampy), and once that starts we are off and running!!!

Once AF comes, this is the plan:
50 mg Clomid days 3-7
OPK (ovulation predicter kit) day 13 on until positive
ultrasound #1 day 14 or 15
if ultrasound shows follicle 24mm or higher, HCG trigger shot and IUI next day
if ultrasound shows follicle less than 24mm, wait a few days, keep testing with OPK and
if positive OPK, inseminate (IUI) next day
if not, second ultrasound approximately 4 days after first and follow previous instructions

if no follicular response, take progesterone for 10 days and with the new cycle up to 100mgs Clomid

So....I am eagerly waiting Aunt Flo...come on in dear, I am ready to get started!!:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home