Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Grow, little eggies, grow!

Yes, if you were not aware of this earlier, I am certifiably crazy. LOL. :)

Yesterday was my first day on Clomid. I was quite fearful really since I have heard of some women who have had horrible side effects while on this drug. Nothing horrible has happened to me though, other than some slight dizziness, which I get every now and then no matter what I do.

I envision Clomid as like miraclegro for my eggs. I have been rubbing my belly and encouraging them...Grow little eggies grow! I am hoping to encourage them to get nice and big. We will worry about the fertilization part in a few weeks. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

Hey - I think its great that things are falling in to place so quickly and am praying that before you know it that it will be more then a little eggie that is growing ;).

I was looking through random blogs and came across an education politics on and it seems to focus on Seattle and I thought you might enjoy reading it. The address is http://edpolitics.blogspot.com/.

Am praying for you.

Monica

January 08, 2005 9:35 PM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

Don't let the eggs get so big they scare all the sperm (can we say medical words like that or do we have to make up funny words?). I mean the little swimmers are already competing just to get there and then to be confronted with an Amazon egg. Maybe you should inject the donor sperm with steroids just to give them a morale boost.

January 09, 2005 1:50 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Monica, thank you so much for your prayers...from your lips to God's ears!:) I checked out the blog you posted, it is quite interesting. I loved the cartoons half way down the page. :) I also liked that they posted various newspaper articles since I don't get the newspaper. Thanks for sharing!

JamDaddy, I am not too worried about the sperm being scared away. And remember, these sperm have a much shorter distance to travel since they will be placed directly into the uterus, they just need to swim up the right tube!:) LOL. As for being able to say sperm, if you were asking whether I have an aversion to the word, the answer is no, though I do often refer to them as my swimmers. I have no idea if blogger allows you to write words it deems offensive or not...haven't attempted yet. :)

January 09, 2005 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina,

Delurking to wish you good luck. I found your blog on the PCOS Support site. I'm keeping positive thoughts for you and your "miracle grow" eggs. I'm happy to hear you didn't have bad side effects from Clomid. I was a raging lunatic.

Shannon T

January 09, 2005 3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Eggs Go!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

Michelle
www.livejournal.com/users/mcwoohoo/

January 09, 2005 4:32 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

Good luck with everything and your Miracle-Gro eggies!

As far as offensive words or material, I think Blogger pretty much gives each user freedom in that respect. I found a blog a while back that is written in Portuguese and prominently pictures photos of nude gay men. Interesting, to say the least. But anyway, my point is that if Blogger is okay with that, then surely the word sperm is not gonna trigger the alarm.

January 09, 2005 4:44 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks for the egg encouragement Shannon, Michelle and Carrie. With us all rooting for them to grow, surely they will be nice and big for next Tuesday, right? :)

January 13, 2005 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home