Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Clomid update

Many people have been asking about how I have handled the Clomid. The truth is, until today, I had absolutely no side effects. That concerned me a bit as I wasn't sure it was working...guess we will see next week. (ultrasound for follicle check is a week from today).

Today, however, I had my first "hot flash" (common side effect of Clomid). Or, at least I think I did. I thought I wouldn't mind hot flashes cause I am always SOO cold, but it turns out it wasn't just all about feeling overly warm. I was in the shower this morning, rinsing shampoo out of my hair. All of a sudden, I felt like my arms were lead and I couldn't hold them up and I felt hot and clammy and sick to my stomach. I couldn't do anything but turn the shower off and just sit there holding a garbage can in front of my face in case I puked...I was frantically trying to think what I was going to do for sub plans as I thought I had come down with the flu, and then, about 3-5 minutes later, it was done, and I felt fine...

Very strange.

It was not pleasant, however, if that is the only side effect I have and it only lasts one day for 5 minutes, I can handle Clomid. :)

Now, I am just ready to start peeing on sticks...technically, i am not supposed to begin until Monday, but I think I will start on Friday. Besides, I have this weird feeling like my abdomen is "full"...makes me think that the eggs are all ripe and ready to pop. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

I would have to agree, Amazon sized eggs would give you that "full" feeling. Just think you are being given a glance into the future and how the big pause will affect you.

January 11, 2005 10:29 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

haha I know. And I am so weird..LOL. I keep worrying that I am somehow going to damage my eggs LOL...certifiable i tell you. :)

January 12, 2005 8:37 PM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

CD9 and counting! Neat gadget at the top of your website. Now we can all know when to start sending good vibes!

January 13, 2005 5:12 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hey look http://piccologirl72.blogspot.com/ I POSTED :) Aren't you proud of me :)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

January 13, 2005 7:52 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Tin Foiled, you can even click on it and review my chart...when I get to that point, I will also add a poll for people to predict whether I am preggers or not;)

January 15, 2005 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home