Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Monday, January 17, 2005

OPK confusion

I just did my afternoon OPK. I have started collecting in a dixie cup because it is easier for me to ensure there was enough on the stick. Anyway, I did a clearblue easy OPK and as it was going through, it looked like a faint line (before the 3 minutes was up), and for some reason, I thought, let me try the Answer ones too (because someone had said they didn't work).

After I had dipped the Answer OPK in the cup, I disposed of the urine and cup, left the room for 3 minutes and came back.

It is definitely positive on the Answer brand, and light on the Clear blue easy brand.

So now I am confused...LOL. I have an appointment tomorrow for a follicle check, and can't figure out what to do right now. Should I call and change it to the IUI? Or? So confused...and why don't they BOTH say positive...oh the joys of peeing on sticks.;)

3 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

Katrina, I think the more involved you become in the process, the more acronym-riddled your posts become. POAS, OPK, IUI... I'm still following along, but it's kind of funny to me. :)

I wish I could tell you why one was positive and the other was not. I'm by no means an expert at POAS. I've done it twice in the last ~3 years.

I hope everything turns out well for you at your appointment tomorrow and maybe you can get some explanation into your non-matching test results.

January 17, 2005 5:08 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Well..OPK ovulation prediction kid and IUI intrauterine insemination just seem soooo long. :) LOL. But I can refrain from the POAS if necessary..that is just a common term on the fertility friend boards. :)

I have no idea whether I will have an IUI or just an ultrasound tomorrow..I called the clinic and got an answering service because they were in a meeting. I said I wanted to talk to someone, but noone called back. I also said I needed to change my ultrasound appointment to an IUI I thought, but wasn't sure....so it will be interesting to see what awaits me at the appointment...the dildocam or the syringe. LOL

January 17, 2005 6:57 PM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Any day now! Wow -- I'll be sending the best of vibes out your way.

January 18, 2005 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home