Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Dinner at a restaurant! and my adventures with the OPK

I figured I should also update on the rest of life these past few days as well.

Last week I was invited to go for dinner on this Friday (yesterday) with the other Spanish teacher, ASL teacher and French teacher + her husband. So, after school, I get a call from the French teacher to see if we are still on, and then I run home for an hour and a half before dinner. I enjoyed a full 70 minutes of playing the Sims...I am so bad...I made one of my Sims be a single mom of two...she is going crazy. Anyway, and then I headed back to meet everyone for dinner.

We went to the Macaroni Grill and had a wonderful time. I so rarely go out as I don't know many people, so this was really fun. We had lots of laughs and great food and a great time was had by all. We get to repeat this in a couple weeks at the open house of the French teacher and her husband.

Today, I had to go get some routine blood tests for my diabetes. I slept in and didn't head out until almost 9, and turns out I am so glad that I did. They only open at 9 and I had planned to be there at 8! So after my tests, I ran down to visit my aunt (the one recently diagnosed with Parkinson's) and to drop off a recommendation for my cousin. We had a good visit and once again she told me how she really hopes I have a baby soon while she can still hold and enjoy him/her. I assured I am doing the best that I can to make that happen! (she is the only one in my family to know of my TTC efforts).

When I got home, I decided, what the heck, I would try the OPKs again now that I am getting closer to me "normal" ovulation time. (I also did one yesterday by the way...it was negative). Today, I got something very similar to what I had last week, a faint ClearBlue Easy and a positive Answer. I think the Answer was even darker than it was last time...I am going to do it again either tonight or tomorrow morning just because I want to see if I ever get a "true" positive. The way the OPKs work, a positive should be the test strip is the same darkness or darker than the control line...this system makes it all so difficult to read and guess which is darker or the same, etc.

I haven't decided whether I should call the RE and try an IUI if I do get a positive this cycle...I probably won't as I figure there is some reason why they cancelled it, right? If you have an opinion on this, let me know...I suspect the day will be sometime Monday-Thursday...(during finals, so I would definitely not be able to leave school early).

Whatever the case, I really hope that AF comes on her own by cd35...I really don't want to add on two+ weeks with the progesterone and then waiting for AF...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi it's Bobbi from the ttc smc board I am trying to induce AF using Progesterone. My other Dr used different drugs and it happened within three days it's over 8 day's on this and no AF is this on par with your experience?
hoping for Baby dust this month and spreading it around!!!!

January 22, 2005 8:37 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Bobbi, I am not very familiar with progesterone drugs other than Provera. I have taken Provera for years whenever I don't have a naturally occuring period after 3 months. With provera, my period tends to come in 3-9 days after the last pill. Most of the time around 5-7 days.

I hope AF finds you soon..and I wish you the best of luck with your cycle!:)

January 22, 2005 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home