Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Sunday thoughts

I actually woke up early this morning, around 7:20am, and decided to actually get up. So, I made a wonderful breakfast and made it out to church for the first time this year. I debated how wise it was to go to church with so much to do (two papers that I must hand in tomorrow, and the week's assignments for my other classes..or at least get started on them as I won't have a lot of time this week), but I decided I really should and off I went.

Turns out that next weekend is presentation weekend at my church. This is where couples who are struggling to have children in their family (either through birth or adoption) are prayed for by the congregation. This is something they did last year and there were like 30 children as a result! Anyway, since I am not a couple, I can only assume that I will not be welcome, but maybe some of it will rub off on my anyway. LOL

After church, I went to Walgreen's to pick up various items. I investigated the cost of their OPKs (WAY too expensive), looked at the fertility monitor (out of stock), bought a second little pill holder thing so I can separate by morning and evening pills...(you would not believe the amount of pills I am taking these days...sheer craziness), looked at blood pressure monitors and bought one, and picked up some vitamin b 50 supplements because I have been told and read somewhere that they are helpful for fertility (but I don't remember what exactly...luteal phase I think, and I have a luteal phase defect).

I had actually researched blood pressure monitors online last night and almost purchased one, but then decided I would just check to see if they had one Walgreens. They didn't end up having the one I wanted and when I got home, I discovered that the cuff is too small for my arm...I will need to return it, maybe will purchase the online one if I ever get around to it again.

After that, I decided to try Long's drugs to see if they had the blood pressure monitor that I wanted, which they didn't, and to look at their OPK prices (slightly cheaper but still too high), and check out the fertility monitor. They did have one, but the box didn't tell me much, and it so expensive, that I just decided to stick with the frustrating OPKs and ultrasounds. I left without purchasing anything.

Then I went to KMart, and the OPKs were on sale again, so I picked up two boxes of 7, and they had the pregnancy tests that say pregnant/not pregnant (instead of lines) on sale too, so I picked up one of those boxes.

I was all set for fertility monitoring and headed home. I had planned to keep myself busy this morning you see so that I would have a full 4hours (as the instructions require) for the OPK. I POAS and got a much MUCH darker line on both the CBE and the Answer brands. The clearblue easy was still not completely the same darkness as the control line, but it is the darkest I have ever seen, and I have gone through MANY OPKs already.

I decided this was not definitive enough since it was not as dark or darker, so I held again in misery for an afternoon test, and this time, only a very faint line on the CBE, so faint that you need to know where to look.

So once again I am left wondering what does this mean? I happen to think that I had a real surge this morning since I had the faint line yesterday and the darker line today and the faint line again...but who knows.

I decided to just let this be a practice round since I probably couldn't even get in for an IUI anyway because of finals (there is no way I can have a sub).

So, my papers are still waiting for me, and I really must write them sometime. Catch you all later!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a neat thing that the church does, although it is a shame that it would not be extended to you. I've thought about finding a church around here, not because I am particularly into going to church, but I do enjoy going to service sometimes and I thought that having that support might be good later down the road. Trouble is I don't really have a religion. So, still deciding on that!

Michelle

January 24, 2005 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home