Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Got it finally

This morning I called the clinic right at 8:00 to talk to someone. Of course, the nurses weren't even there yet, so I left another voice mail.

At lunch, I checked my phone messages (there weren't any), and then called the pharmacy again and they had my order!!! YEAH!

After school, I had a bunch of kids who had been out at an FBLA conference who had to make up a quiz so as I was biding my time, I checked my phone messages again and the nurse had called and said she had ordered the prescription last night...seems fishy, but I have no reason not to believe her I guess since I gave up on Costco at 5.

Finally I got all the kids out at 3 and headed to Costco to buy 40 Prometrium pills for a whopping 94.79. Apparently Costco has cheap Clomid...but not prometrium.

I got home and read the insert which says take orally. And then I read the bottle which says take vaginally...and I am like what the heck??!! These are pills??!! Anyway, I did a google search and apparently someone people do take them the "other way" LOL, so here's hoping they work. :)

The nurse actually called again around 5:30 just to check that I had gotten my prescription and her phone message. She also thinks it may be too late for this cycle but worth a try. So, I will stay on it until next Wed I think which would be 14dpo. I am tempted to just let things go and get AF sooner to start the next cycle...but I just can't give out that little tiny speck (it really is very small...LOL) of hope that despite all the things that went wrong this cycle, it may have worked. (especially given my chart...have you seen it??? it is linked at the top of the page and it looks pretty promising)

Well, it is 8:30 and I have been wanting to go to bed since 6 LOL..so have a good night everyone!:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristina said...

I had the same situation with prometrium! I got the bottle and it said to take orally though I knew the nurse said vaginal suppositories (sp) and that's what I had asked for. So I emailed the smc list and they all agreed that you can take it either way. It's not fun to do this for long weeks, but it makes me feel better! Good luck!!!!

February 03, 2005 2:28 PM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

Maybe you should take one orally and one the other way every other day. Cover both ends as they say...

February 03, 2005 8:50 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

You know its a good thing that I read the entire post instead of just the title...When I saw "Got It Finally" i was thinking that you got AF!!! How are you feeling?????

February 04, 2005 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home