Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Not so bad..

Having read many studies and anecdotal evidence that caffeine is EVIL especially for implantation, I have given up my morning pick-me-up. Truth is, I started this long process this summer when I mixed me regular coffee with half-caf, and then proceeded to just half-caf, followed by 1/2 half-caf and 1/2 decaf, and while that can is not completely out yet, I am in my first 2ww(2 week wait) and so I have switched to just decaf this week.

Originally, I had bought a jar of instant Nescafe that was decaf, but then I discovered that there was actually ground decaf, and this is what I have been drinking. It's not bad at all. In fact, I really haven't noticed hardly any difference in taste.

Yesterday, I bought a gift card for the kind teacher who switched rooms with me this week after the career centre fiasco. While at Starbucks, I even picked up my favourite latte, toffee nut, in decaf...again, quite good.

So, what's the big deal?

3 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

Is caffeine really that bad?

Geez, I drink at least 2 cups of coffee a day and numerous diet sodas. I know I'm addicted to caffeine. If I go a morning without my coffee (like this morning) I'm unbearable until I get my fix.

I don't recall my doctor ever telling me to lay off the caffeine, but we've never really had trouble conceiving. And if I stopped the caffeine during pregnancy, the combination of withdrawal and hormones could be lethal -- to those around me. :)

January 29, 2005 1:03 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hehe...I know what you mean. In the past, missing my coffee meant an enormous headache...I was obnoxious and rude and my head was pounding...the stepdown really helped.

I don't think it is proven to be too horrible during pregnancy if you stick to 2 cups a day...Most of the stuff I have read says that it affects implantation, something I will do everything in my power to assist (there isn't much I can do though!)

January 29, 2005 1:10 PM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Hehe. They bought a capsule espresso machine at work, where you put in the little coffee pod and out comes fresh espresso (just a thimbleful, although being a heathen North American, I dilute it with hot water).

Regardless, it can't hurt to cut out caffeine if studies suggest it, especially at this crucial period. When do we get news on whether "first times the charm"?

January 31, 2005 4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home