Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Presentation Weekend

I know that I talked about this somewhere here...either in a post or in a comment.

Anyway, this weekend is Presentation weekend at my church (and I have learned, churches around the country). During services this weekend, couples will be asked to come forward if they are experiencing difficulty in having children (through TTC or adoption) and then they will be prayed for by members of the church.

I plan on making it to church tonight since I have a blood draw appointment tomorrow for my progesterone. However, I won't be responding to the call...I am too shy and worried that they wouldn't accept me anyway cause I am single.

BUT, I did do something else...on the church's website there was a link to email them if you couldn't make it to the service and wanted to be prayed for...So, I sent an email. Stupid me, I am too honest and I TOLD them I was single...so I don't know whether or not they will add me to their list....

Anyway, it never hurts to have God on your side. :)

Edited to add: So I went to the service this evening. They also had a card to fill out if you wanted prayer...I filled it out. They now have my name from two places...The pastor said that one year they had a single woman who wanted a child and they prayed and she is now married and TTC. While I would love to get married, I am so over waiting for that...it just isn't going to happen and I am going to be a mom one way or the other...Anyway, it will be interesting to see if anyone calls/emails.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Katrina,
Sending up a prayer for you tonight..

Michelle

January 29, 2005 8:57 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, Michelle! How is the home study going?

January 29, 2005 9:58 PM  
Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Katrina - Got teary eyed reading your post (no, I am SURE it is not hormonal related :). I am so proud of you for 1) going to church in the first place unlike me who just keeps thinking about in and hasn't actually done it in qutie awhile and 2) standing by your convictions and putting in prayer requests. Remember, God doesn't judge. That is left to humans. I sent up big prayer for you as well that if you don't achieve success on this months try that it is very soon. Hope you have stopped your procrastination and are getting your work done. ha ha. Take care, Debbie

January 30, 2005 12:31 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, Debbie for those kind words of encouragement. :) And prayers are always appreciated!:)

As for the procrastination....bashfully, I must admit I have still not started tomorrows papers...but they are short, and I will soon as I finish calling my grandma. :)

January 30, 2005 5:24 PM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Alright, here's a hard question:

If the Church is going to reject you based on your SMC profile, why do you want their prayers? Is God going to be impressed by a volume of voices that wouldn't have prayed for you if they knew the whole story?

If anything, he delivered the science and technology, the expertise and the medical personnel (you seem to have found some good ones!) and a supportive community right here to provide hope and good wishes.

It makes me mad to hear you worry about defending your choices to the congregation -- as if you need that additional stress.

On the other hand, I'm going to assume that someone will call you and assure you that it's a non-issue, and that they will indeed pray for your new family.

January 31, 2005 4:57 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Katrina - now that Mikey and I are keeping you in our prayers... we add you each night now asking God to bless you quickly with a child of your own. Hugs.

January 31, 2005 4:27 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, Monica, all prayers are much appreciated!:)

Tin Foiled...you pose some difficult questions. I really am not in the right frame of my mind, i guess, to answer them. I, too, hope that they are understanding. :)

February 01, 2005 7:45 PM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Something that I missed saying -- I'm very happy that you didn't try to hide your intentions. I can imagine that it would have been tempting, in order to "fit in" with their expectations.

I'm proud that you have the courage to go with your convictions, and the more I think about it, the more I'm sure that it's not going to be an issue with your church!

February 02, 2005 1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home