Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

how frustrating!!

OK. So yesterday I was at the clinic for the last of my three blood draws for the progesterone pool test. I asked how I got the results, and they said I had to make an appointment. So, I try to make an appointment for the next day (today), and all doctors are out except my doctor who is booked solid. The guy trying to book the appointment for me says he will talk to the doctor and call me back.

I go to my class and when I get home at 8, there are no messages. He didn't call.

So, I plan to call this morning right at 8 when they open, but the French teacher is away and they can't get a sub and I have to cover her class. (oh...let me sidetrip here to vent about the message I received from her last night. She sends me a message saying that her husband is going to make this room his office. The room in question is a planning room where many of us have a cubicle each, and was my only office the last two years since I didn't have an actual classroom to call my own. No problems with him being there at all..but the reason she calls is that she wants me to move all of my stuff so he can have my desk. Here is my issue: 1) I am way over in the boonies and we are all hoping I can get a room up near the rest of them at some point since I share supplies with them, and 2) they each have their own desk and I don't see why they need them with their own classrooms there. and 3) one of them, the ASL teacher, now has taken over four desks...cut her back to one, and give him one. I am royally annoyed).

Anyway, back to the problem at hand. Once I finish covering her class, I go back to my room and finally get a chance to call the clinic at lunch (10:40). I get the receptionist who also tells me there are no openings and that she will ahve to talk to the doctor and see if she can get me in sometime this WEEK??!!! I tell her, this isn't acceptable, I am sure that my progesterone is low and that I need supplementation or any potential embryo will be gone in a day or two when AF arrives...She will "look into it" and call me back.

I check my home messages and the guy I spoke to the day before has called back. Yes my progesterone is low, and I need to give a pharmacy phone number to my doctor's nurse so they can order a prescription. Yeah! This makes sense! So, I call, and talk to the nurse. They will order and I can pick it up after work.

School ends at 2:00 and I decide to call the pharmacy to see if they have my order. Nope. I say I will call back in an hour and a half. I call back at 3:30. No order.

I call the clinic and ask to speak with the nurse again. She is busy and I leave a message on the voice mail. A very pathetic message I might add...LOL..pleading her to please call in the order before it is too late...

And now....the waiting game. Will I get my prometrium in time?? Costco closes at 7 I think.....

Edited to add: I called the clinic at least 5 times this afternoon...every time the nurse was busy. I left two voice mails..they were never returned. I also called the pharmacy about 4 times, and the prescription was not ordered. The last time I called the clinic, I got an answering service so the clinic is officially closed.

I went to Walgreens and picked up some over-the-counter progesterone cream. It is obviously not nearly the strength of dose that I need...but hoping something for one night is better than nothing.
Will try to track down the prescription again tomorrow. How frustrating.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elowyn said...

Hi Katrina - I posted something for you over on the SMC board. Let me know if you need help getting your prescription tonight. Tons of hugs, babe!

-Kate

February 01, 2005 7:16 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, Kate. You girls are amazing. I appreciate the support! :)

February 01, 2005 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home