Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Monday, February 21, 2005

G-groups

If you read through the comments of my last post, you read about the new women's ministries starting up at my church called "g-groups". G as in girlfriends. Actually, I think they started in January (or at least that was the first time I noticed them...I hadn't been attending too regularly in December though...)

Anyway, so Sunday after I was still so depressed about not knowing anyone at church still, I took a very brave step for me, and I emailed the contact ladies for two of the groups: Gamin' Gals which get together for board games, and Patterns of Grace which is a quilting group.

I received a reply from the Gamin' Gals lady this evening. She said that they have been cancelled due to lack of interest. :( That sucked. She also suggested I join one of the other groups and that I attend the Women's Conference which happens to fall on the only weekend that I actually have plans for the entire weekend. (a local quilt show and the Lakeside rummage sale) At the bottom of her email she had a link for a website called Christian Adopt or something to that effect. I followed the link and was encouraged to read that there was a single woman (with four adopted kids!) and a single man on this list. In the past, my experience with all the Christian agencies was that they did not accept singles except for special needs/international adoptions. I was so encouraged that I write her back and even told her, in brief, my story. That I started off looking into adoption and am now pursuing donor insemination. I don't know what prompted me to do that, but I did. I will be curious to see if she writes me back again.

I have not heard from the Patterns of Grace lady.

Today on the drive home from class (it's about a 45 minute drive), I was really thinking about my feeling alone out here. I was thinking pretty seriously about moving back to where my parents live...it is an interesting idea, but not one I think I will pursue. At least not while TTC as I would have to drive three hours to the fertility clinic...BUT, the good thing would be that I would get a year maternity leave, partially paid, as opposed to no paid leave here at all.....Of course, there is a reason I didn't try too hard to find a job out there....I hate the winter....so, I really don't see this happening.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Katrina --

This may be too little, too late, but our agency is a Christian agency who places children with singles as well. The waiting list is only like 6 months, too! For more info, you can find them at:

Alternatives In MotionAs I said, perhaps too little, too late -- but thought I'd let you know!

Very best of luck to you!

Karen @ Chookooloonks

February 22, 2005 3:19 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, Karen! I have bookmarked the website and will contact them if I am unsuccessful with TTC. However, their website says they help Texan families first...so we will see. INcidentally, on the SMC list we have been discussing great places to move to, and Houston (where AIM is), was high on one woman's list...it was so tempting when I saw the type of house I could buy in Houston for the same price as my small 1960 ranch-style home!

February 23, 2005 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home