Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, February 25, 2005

Back from day 14 ultrasound and..

..There was nothing worth measuring . Rings of miniscule follicles (typical PCOS) on each ovary. As I was watching my BBT chart this month, I have been thinking it looks anovulatory, so not too surprising. My RE suggested starting Provera now and just moving forward to my next cycle. Exactly what I hope to hear when there is no response (of course, I would prefer to have a great response!) I had the option of waiting for O and trying another IUI then, but she seemed to think it was best to just move on. She also said if we were going to do it that way (wait for my usual O late in cycle), that there was no point in using Clomid and all the ultrasounds..good point.

So I am starting my Provera today and next cycle I am up to 150mgs Clomid.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like you I am an smc, have pcos, and am overweight. I conceived my son on 150 units of clomid. Good luck!

February 25, 2005 11:33 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thank you anon! It always helps to hear of success stories of women in similar situations!:)

February 26, 2005 7:32 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

This was my second cycle...onto cycle #3, let's hope that third time is the charm!:)

February 27, 2005 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home