Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, March 04, 2005

Long weekend ahead

It is only Friday night and I am stressing out about doing all that I need to this weekend. Here is my list of papers to be written this weekend:

Evaluation paper of research article 12 due Monday at 4:30

Reseach Evaluation final paper - This is a group project, but as usual, my partner is doing little to nothing. Paper due next Monday along with a 20 minute presentation. I want to write the paper this weekend and worry about the presentation next weekend...but, this may not happen. I must however read the 12 research articles needed to write the paper this weekend.

Models of teaching final paper due March 11th (this is next Friday, but I never have time during the week to write papers...)

ESL Research paper due Monday by midnight. I haven't begun at all and need to find some peer-reviewed research articles for the paper.

ESL reflection paper due March 17th. This paper can (and likely will) be put on hold until next weekend.

That is all for the papers..I also have the usual weekly assignments in all three classes (lectures, text readings, additional readings, postings and responses).

The great news is that as of March 14th, I will be done all my coursework for my Masters, and the 17th I will finish this ESL class too. I asked for my comprehensive exam next week. I probably should have held off another week...but I really wanted to see it! LOL. :) I get one month to write that and then everything will be done for my Master's. :)

Oh, and I have been invited to a piano recital on Sunday (well, was also invited to one on Sat, but said there was no way I could do both). Will try to make it, but not too likely...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on almost being done with your Master's! It feels so good when you are done - like you really, truly accomplished something. Soon you will have your weekend free to do other things - like clean :)

Will you get retro pay since you will be completing your degree during the school year?

Will you need something new to obsess about once ths done?

When I finished my masters it was like I just quit a 2nd job. I didn't know what to do with my extra time. Now I make cards with rubberstamps - one of my new obsessions besides ttc! :)

Happy Writing!

March 04, 2005 10:05 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Tracy- Thanks! I won't get retro pay..sucks, huh? They only change your pay scale at the beginning of the school year, so it won't change until September. But, it is a significant difference, 5000 a year, so I am looking forward to it. :)

I have no need for more obsessions at the moment! LOL:) I actually will still have two more classes for my ESL certification (something I have chosen to do, not required) and one more class for my professional certification (required because I moved from Canada), so technically I won't be done all that stuff until mid-July. Still, without all the Master's classes (I have been doing at least 3 a quarter), I will feel like you, that I have quit a second, almost full time, job. I have lots of hobbies when I have the time - knitting and quilting are high on my to do list, as well as cleaning my house to prepare for a baby. :)

March 05, 2005 7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home