Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Blasts from the past..

A couple days ago I had a dream of people I haven't seen in over 10 years. I don't remember a lot of it, but I remember it left me with such a warm fuzzy feeling. I was visiting with the mother of four children I babysat for years and two of her sons (the youngest and middle son). It was so great to see them grown up, though I also really wanted to see the oldest son who was only three years younger than me and the youngest child, the daughter, who wasn't even born when I began babysitting these kids. I saw the mom this Christmas very briefly. She told me that the oldest and youngest sons are now married, the middle son has a baby on the way (not married), and the daughter is 16. (16?! has it REALLY been that long! LOL). I am so curious to catch up with her again this summer when I go to visit my folks. I need to see what these boys look like now, and if they look like they did in my dream. :)

This morning, I fought with my alarm clock as I really didn't want to get up. But, I eventually did and popped into the shower. As I was shampooing my hair, I heard the phone ring. It was 7:15 in the morning and I decided the phone call was either a) the friend I was about to go visit cancelling our lunch, or b) someone had died. I mean, who calls at 7:15 am on a Saturday??? LOL. I also decided since I was in the shower with shampooey hair that I probably couldn't get to the phone in time, and I could call back person a or b. When I finished my shower, I immediately went to check my messages and, another blast from the past, my ex-boyfriend had called. Though we were still friends, I think anyway, we hadn't talked in a couple months and I had no idea he would be calling (and especially not at 7:15 am!). Anyway, I was sad to have missed his call since I don't have his phone number (something about girlfriend gets jealous when I call). I hope he calls back, if for no other reason than to torture myself. You see, I have moments of reminescence where I think of how happy I was in that relationship. Don't get me wrong, there are reasons we broke up (though for the life of me, I don't really remember them..LOL), and there are definitely things that would bug me if this was someone I spent my life with.....but....I guess that is just lonely single girl talking, who knows. Despite all this, I do enjoy talking with him and consider him a friend.

After, checking on the phone call, eating and checking email, I thought about leaving for my trip to Vancouver to visit a friend, her husband and daughter (almost 2). But, I thought, if I leave now, I will get there way too early and then what will I do. So, I blogged about last night, and finally left around 8:30. Of course, I then realized I had to stop for gas and grab a coffee. All was still going well until I arrived at the border. There were two lines, one about 8 cars shorter than the other. I chose the shorter line and regretted it for the next hour. The readerboard said that the estimated wait time was 35 minutes. That must have been averaging my one hour wait with the 15 minute wait in the other line. I am so serious. They were many times when 6, 7 cars would go through on the other lane, whilst my lane admitted only one. I finally made it to her house at 12ish...only about 30 minutes late, so I guess it wasn't the end of the world. We had a wonderful lunch at Milestones and then the husband went back to the apartment to put the daughter down for a nap. We went to my favourite bookstore in Vancouver, Kidsbooks and then for coffee. We had some great chats over coffee and the time got away from us, and we ended up being about 40 minutes late to the car...and I got a ticket for 45 dollars??!!! HOLY COW! In any case, I had a great time and dropped her back off at her apartment and headed home. Border crossing was fine, the readerboard said 20 minutes, I waited 14. But, we hit construction and it still took me about 3 hours to get home...

Finally, as I was approaching my city, I was so tired of being in the car, I was just flipping through radio stations aimlessly looking for anything that would excite me, and my old favourite radio station from Victoria delivered. I was so thrilled to be belting out the words to one of my favourite drinking/partying songs, Roadhouse Blues, that I was able to end my day on a wonderful note.


Anonymous Michelle said...

Sounds like a fun time! Hope the ex calls back, just do you can find out what he wanted!

February 27, 2005 8:43 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hehe. You know, I just realized that I think I linked to my blog in my email to him saying I was sorry to have missed his call...LOL. What was I thinking?;)

Well, in all fairness, this is the first time I have ever mentioned him on here. :)

February 27, 2005 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home