Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Call..

OK, so I had just about given up on him calling me back after the missed call on Saturday morning. But, tonight, it finally came in.

We had a nice chat about my life (TTC) and his life. He and his girlfriend have moved to near where I once lived 9 years ago, that was pretty funny. They are still planning on getting married one day (if he can pay off the ring...for which I would think he would need a job, but that's just me) and apparently they are trying for a baby now. Not the order I would do things (baby and then marriage), but hey, that's just me. LOL. His brother was recently diagnosed with diabetes...small world, huh? He also gave me his phone number and address in case I ever have any news (let's hope that third cycle is the charm, huh?)

In all, it was a pleasant conversation, and I didn't feel the deep twinge that I usually do. It was there, of course, but not too bad at all, really.

In other news, while talking to my friend in Vancouver on Saturday, I had told her about the dream and she had suggested that I google them to see if I could find out info/pictures. I did so on Monday, but did not find anything. However, I got rather obsessed and began to google just about anybody I had ever known LOL, or so it seemed. It was pretty fun. I found Pauline who was an intern at WUSC the same summer that I was interning there in Ottawa. She is in Montreal now, attending the university I attended when I lost touch with her (strange how I lost touch with her after I moved only a 2 hour drive away as opposed to a 4 day drive?!). I found Lindsay who I lived with for 6 months whilst we were working in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire. He had won some award at law school in Ottawa. I found Dana who had been my roommate in Victoria my last year there, and a good friend of mine until those last few months in Victoria, and we haven't spoken since. Her picture was on a work website (in Edmonton I believe). Most of these people had email addresses attached with their information and I contemplated briefly whether I should contact them...I would love to hear from all three of them, but I guess I found it kinda weird contacting them, like they would wonder, why I was looking them up after all this time...So, I didn't.

Well, I have an assignment due tonight for which I have not finished the readings, and I have two big papers due next week, and my students are writing a big unit exam tomorrow and Friday which means that I will have 120 unit tests to grade this weekend too....you may not hear from me for a week. LOL

1 Comments:

Blogger Tin Foiled said...

I have to admit that I've done the google search on a number of people. Really any names that I can think of, completely random from my life.

As long as the name is somewhat unique, you can usually find something.

March 04, 2005 5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home