Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It's working!

When I went home for Easter, I picked up a prescription of domperidone to help build my milk supply..and it's working! I am so thrilled to report that tonight is night #2 where Ellie went to sleep with breastmilk alone...no formula! In fact, she went the entire day today formula free apart from 1.5 ounces I gave her in the late afternoon, and truth be told, we MAY have been able to get by without that...but she was constantly nursing and I was sore and needed a break.

Life is good here. I have finally got my act together and am getting out and doing something every day. The group I go to at the hospital on Mondays has decided to meet once a week to go walking which is great. I was already walking every day, but it is nice to be out with some other moms too.

Of course, all these great developments come just two weeks before I go back to work unfortunately. I hope to continue to stay in touch with these other moms since if any of them are still on leave come July, I can rejoin them. But more importantly, I hope that going back to work will not be the end to the advances we have made in breastfeeding.

I promise to try and get some pics on here soon...

2 Comments:

Blogger Elowyn said...

Yay for domperidone! I'll probably be starting it myself soon, in prep. for nursing my little one. Glad to hear it's working out so well, and Ellie sounds beautiful!

May 10, 2006 9:37 PM  
Blogger Lawauna said...

Kudos for sticking with the breast feeding!

May 17, 2006 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home