Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

An update

Well, my mom left again this morning. I was in such a better place emotionally this time. Of course, I was sad to see her go, and I will miss having an extra set of arms to hold Ellie while I get things done around the house, but I can deal with things so much better now I think.

I can't believe that on Friday, Eliana will be 4 weeks old. FOUR WEEKS!?! Where has the time gone? Before I know it, my mom will be back and I will be headed back off to work. I do like my job a lot, but of course I love my little bundle of joy so much more...

We continue to have supply issues with nursing. Just when I think things are getting better, it seems like maybe they aren't. What likely happened, I suppose, is that things DID improve, but just at the time when Ellie is going through her 3 week growth spurt, so I just can't keep up. She loves to nurse though, and I am happy about that. Hopefully if I keep putting her on, with the combination of now a prescription medication to help milk supply, hopefully, I will one day catch up. I think my dreams of pumping and storing for when I go back to work is not likely to happen, but if I can get to enough for her needs now, and enough to not dry up in those 4.5 weeks I go back to work before summer break, then I will be happy.

She is such a contented baby. Really. She only cries when there is something wrong: a diaper that needs to be changed, she is hungry, and sometimes gas pains. Those last cries are the worst, because you can see she is in so much pain and there is just nothing you can do but hold her and comfort her and your heart just breaks...

To those who wonder, it is definitely all worth it. To feel that warm little ball curled up on your chest sleeping peacefully, to stare into her eyes as she looks up to you...there is nothing better in the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Totally tearful, I have enjoyed going through the last year with you. I am so glad that you are finally a mommy! You deserve it so much!
I have been keeping you and Ellie in my prayers.
Take care and sometime when I get to WA I'll come visit you two.

Love,
Gidgit

March 28, 2006 3:01 PM  
Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Hi Katrina - Glad things are going well. The time goes all to quickly, huh? I hear you on the job and going back to work, it was really tough for me if you will remember. On the gas, I would highly recommend something call Mylicon drops. Helped Max alot. Also, if you are supplementing with formula, you may want to try other ones. It took me 4 until I found one that didn't give Max horrible gas. Of course, we ended up with the most expensive on the market. Take care. Debbie

March 29, 2006 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home