Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, November 18, 2005

Most likely a girl...

That is what the sonographer said. Actually, the first time he looked (at the beginning of the ultrasound) he said "it might be a girl". Near the end of the ultrasound he looked again and this time, he said "it's most likely a girl". I think it is probably a girl too based on what I could see when he was looking...So I am still thinking pink!

So, yeah, I had my fetal echocardiogram today and all appears to be well with the baby's heart, and everything else seems good as well. Baby seems to be the right size and everything so that is good. While we were waiting for the ultrasound, there were two little girls (4 and 7) waiting for their mom who was having an ultrasound. They were the cutest little girls ever and the oldest one was named the girl name I have chosen. That seemed pretty cool. :)

After the ultrasound, I met with the perinatologist and he seemed a little concerned about my blood sugars until he realized I was testing 1 hour after eating as opposed to two hours...Still, given diabetes, I am to come in every 4 weeks for a quick growth ultrasound and to meet with the perinatologist. He also drew labs to check that my thyroid is at the correct dosage.

...

Follow up to the church post below. I emailed the pastor on Monday and within about an hour or so, he called. We talked for probably about 20 minutes or so. He asked if I minded if they put me and the baby on a prayer list and also told me that they like to throw baby showers for new babies and someone from the fellowship committee would contact me about that. Apparently, there are also 3 other women currently pregnant at the church and he said he would try and get me in touch with other women with young children. It sounds promising...let's hope this is it!

...

Pancake breakfast tomorrow. I have to be there at 7:00 am, but the woman with whom I co-advise this class has to leave early (11:30), so I told her then I would come in a little later...not likely to happen since I am such a freak about being early, but at least I will probably arrive there at like 7:00 instead of 6:30 this way. LOL

2 Comments:

Blogger Calliope said...

Yay on the 'Girlness'!
& a very cool sign to encounter a child with your chosen name!
don't you feel like "somebody" is winking at you when that happens?!

November 19, 2005 6:35 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

YAY :) Looks like that test you took early in the process worked huh? How are you feeling?????

November 22, 2005 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home