Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Church this morning

I have been attending the last mentioned Lutheran church now for the past three weeks. This is the one after the one where they were so incredibly friendly. This one, the pastor is friendly, but the congregation isn't so friendly. I am hoping that will eventually change and I have decided to try and stick this one out at lesat until the baby is born and baptized (to make my mom happy), and then if I still feel the need to change again, I will start searching again. There are kids at this church, but not a whole lot of kids, but I have only attended the early service with the "contemporary" worship and perhaps the traditional service has more kids?

In any case, as I mentioned the pastor has been friendly. The first Sunday I was there, there was a guest pastor. However, the following Sunday, the regular pastor was there and as we were leaving (in Lutheran churches you shake the pastor's hand on your way out), he said he hadn't seen me before and when I told him it was my second week there he said he was glad I had come back and if I would like to talk to give him a call.

Well, if you know me, you likely know that I am pretty shy and uncomfortable calling people I don't know, so naturally, I did not call.

Then, this week, was Communion Sunday. When it was time for me to go up, the tray had only one type of cup on it. I asked if it was juice (because the previous Lutheran church I had been to..the one with all the friendly seniors, had both juice and wine), but he told me they were out of juice and it was wine. I mentioned that I was pregnant and took a cup (what do you do at that point? LOL, I felt rather awkward). I took a tiny tiny sip/drop, and left the majority in the cup as I left the altar (nowadays you are often given little tiny cups, but the two Lutheran churches I have been to lately have had the option of either chalice or tiny individual cup). As we were leaving this Sunday, he told me that he did not know I was pregnant and that I must call him to get on the list...What list, I thought, but instead what came out of my mouth was, "There is a list for pregnant people?" LOL...oh, I am so eloquent some days.

In any case, perhaps I will try and call this week...make sure he knows that this is a very wanted and anticipated pregnancy and not a crisis pregnancy as perhaps he may think.

Insulin update - I have survived giving myself the needle, and have found it really not to be bad at all. I honestly don't even feel the needle going in. On Thursday, I spoke with an administrator at school, and we decided the best place for my needles (because it could lock) was the nurse's office which also happens to have a fridge. That is good for now, but I am worried that one weekend I will forget to bring the bottle home and there is no way for me to get into the nurse's office on the weekend (I don't have a key to that room as it is in the main office).

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Katrina - Hope this church works out for you and glad the pastor is so nice. Very funny about the wine. Also, dying to know about "the list". You must call him and find out. Then, call or email me. Also glad that the insulin isn't as bad as you thought. Take care. Deb

November 13, 2005 9:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I too can hardly believe it is getting close for baby to be born!
As I am Baptist I don't know much about infant baptism but I have loads of friends who are either Luthern or Catholic. They usually baptize between 3 and 4 weeks.
Will you have "godparents"? I am just curious because when I was born my father was Catholic and I have godparents.
Our children (if we ever have any more) will have them because I think the concept is awesome!
Well I'm glad to hear you are doing well with the insulin. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Gidgit

November 17, 2005 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home