Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, October 08, 2005

I'm alive...just survived a very long week

First, let me thank everyone who has emailed me today to check up on me. You are all so sweet!

Second, I am a very bad blogger. I haven't had time to post, or catch up on your blogs, and I promise to try and catch up in the next few just seemed way too busy this week.

On Monday, I had to supervise poster painting from 4-6 pm in preparation for homecoming which is the last week of October. Boy am I glad that this is my last year as class advisor, as I am not even sure I can survive this month! LOL. In the end, I only stayed until 4:45 or so as no students showed up (though I am told they came at 5ish after their sport had ended...) I gave a test to three of my periods that day so I had lots to keep me occupied. I also brought home a stack of tests that I finished marking in front of the TV as I watched 7th Heaven.

Tuesday, I was on poster painting duty again, this time from 2-4 and I had a decent turnout who stayed right to the bitter end. I still had lots of tests to correct from the day before plus tests from Tuesday for my other two classes. Once again, I had to bring another stack home to get finished. I sure miss teaching only first year classes like I did last year...first year tests and quizzes are faster to correct at least at this time of the year when all they can say are greetings and Do you like to...? LOL

Wednesday, I had to stay at school for a long time. Not to worry, I had many things to mark still. I had a doctor's appointment at 4:30. It occured to me that I probably didn't HAVE to go in, but since she had said to come back in 6 months (6 months ago), I thought I had better do it just to be sure. She told me that I don't need to come back until I am no longer followed by the other bazillion doctors. :)

Thursday, was the day from hell. (much like the week last post, except this time we had power). Thursday morning I had to take a half day of sick leave as I had my appointment with the hypertension clinic. I left at 7 for an 8:00 appointment fully expecting to be EARLY, and ended up being 15 minutes late. I am so happy I don't have to drive into Seattle on a regular basis! They did their ultrasound thing and determined that I have too much cardiac output which I understood as being too much blood being pumped through the heart at once. I don't remember the unit of measurement, but good would have been 5-7 or something like that and I was a 9. This meant that my medication, while controlling my blood pressure, was not the right match for me. I was switched to two new blood pressure medications, one a beta blocker I think and the other a diuretic. I was thoroughly warned and advised of the risk of preeclampsia and the warning signs. In fact, I believe I was told three times and asked once to repeat them back...yeah, that kind of scared me a bit. In the end, I don't have to go back for 10 weeks..but I asked for it to be 11 so that I wouldn't have to miss school. (it will be the week jsut before the 22nd or something...)

If the day ended there, it wouldn't have been so bad. But, after my appointment, I ran to Group Health to get my new prescriptions filled, then ran back to the school just at the appropriate time, and taught the rest of the day. After school, we had a department meeting which took an hour and a half.

Again, if that were the end of the day...I could have survived, tired, but survived. But that was not it. No, this was our wonderful "open house" night where parents come and see all their students teachers. It runs from 7-9. I ran home in between department meeting and open house thinking I could nap for an hour. No such luck, my parents called. I got off the phone with them, ran to McDonald's for supper (shh..don't tell anyone), and then off I went back to school. I did my thing and survived, however I discovered that talking non-stop, standing up, while pregnant, makes me very very hot. By the end of "third period" (the parents follow the student's schedule), I was boiling, my face was red, I was out of breath, and thank God I have fourth period plan and could cool down while the teacher who teaches during my plan did his thing. Two more periods to go. After that, a parent forgot her purse in my room, and I had to wait for her to come get it, and I was out of there at like 9:05 or something. I got home exhausted, my legs hurt, my whole body ached, and I could barely keep my eyes open. So, I went to bed...but I couldn't sleep!!!!! Grrr..I didn't get to sleep until after 11:00pm.

Nothing much exciting happened on Friday. I should have caught up with everyone then I suppose..but I sat in front of the TV, catching up on shows I had recorded all week and marking yet another set of 60 quizzes and was in bed by 9. Aren't I a barrel of laughs?

LOL. Well, despite my very long week, I am looking forward to this next week. Not because anything exciting is happening, but because it is only 9 more days until my big ultrasound! :)


Blogger Calliope said...

ok...I now need a nap after checking up on you. Sheesh woman! You need to set a nap time schedule.
Counting down to the big U/S!!

October 10, 2005 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home