Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Monday, September 19, 2005

Really quick OB update..

I am back from retreat and very tired, with much marking to get caught up on, and laundry to do, etc, so will keep this brief.

I called my current OB office and asked if I could change to the other female OB that accepts Group Health. She apparently is full for pregnancies in March, but the receptionist said she would ask her if she would be willing to take on one more patient. Of course, she also asked me why I wanted to change, and I just said "I am not happy with Dr. *****". Now, I suppose that means that even if the other female OB won't accept me, I have to change...and then I will have a whole new dilemma...stay where it is easy to get to appointments and the hospital but see a man, or go all the way into Seattle just to see a woman...

1 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

Like Nancy, I had thought that I preferred a female OB/GYN, since that was all I had known. But 4 years ago, when I got pregnant with Enzo, my OB was also pregnant and was referring all her pregnant patients to the doctor who I now see, who is male. I was a little cautious, reserved at first, but I love my OB. I haven't been back to my initial doc since Enzo was born, and the same guy delivered Sebastián as well.

I don't know your reasons for wanting a female doctor, but if the option comes down to seeing a male doctor who's close by or driving a good distance to see a female, you might give the guy a chance first.

September 20, 2005 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home