Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, September 02, 2005

More appointments

I had my follow-up with the OB today. She said that the peri had faxed a note saying to continue my Metformin and to add insulin at night. My OB, however, decided to hold off on the insulin until after I see the diabetes educator person to see if a diet change will help...I hope that it is OK to wait and that it won't be hurting the baby. I don't think it will since what she is concerned about are my fasting blood sugars which seem OK to me (usually 100-102) but that they want them under 95 (used to be 90 so I am glad they changed that LOL).

Then, she tried to hear the heartbeat, but just kept getting my heartbeat. So, I had another internal ultrasound. I was so sad that the screen wasn't working so I never got to see ANYTHING, but she immediately said, "There is lots of movement, the head looks good and the heart looks good". She said she would print me a picture since I couldn't see the screen.........but the printer wasn't working either! I was so sad. But, she saved it and promised to mail it to me, hope she remembers!:) At one point she goes, "Looks like E.T. He's waving saying "hi mom!". Wish I could have seen it...

I go back in two weeks for the follow-up after my diabetes appointment (my diabetes appt is on the Monday, OB on the Thursday...is that really enough time to evaluate if there is a change?)

Then, this afternoon, I went to a regular doctor because I have been having pain in my toe for like a month. I thought it was an ingrown toenail, but couldn't get at it with my clippers or anything. Turns out it IS an ingrown toenail but so deep I have to have it surgically removed. So, that will happen between the diabetes appointment and the OB appointment...that will be one busy week of doctors! (Monday, Wed and Thursday!)

Everything else is good with me. I am happy to be back at work, even though it exhausts me. I haven't quite got my classroom ready and will be back in this weekend to finish getting ready. I am so near the second trimester already, doesn't that sound wonderful?? :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Glad things are going well and that you are so close to the second tri. Doesn't preg. time seem to go double fast (or more) than ttc time which drags on forever? Between being back at work and all those dr.'s apt's you are going to be so tired next week, but all for a good cause! Take care!! Deb

September 02, 2005 8:02 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

So glad to see that you are doing well my dear. We're back to school officially on Tuesday. A little scared but excited all the same for the upcoming year. I'm not even CLOSE to ready for it so I'll be at the school this weekend finishing stuff so that its all done for Tuesday morning. Ah...such is the life of a teacher.

September 02, 2005 9:29 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Wow - you are moving right along in this whole pregnancy thing. I can't believe that you are talking 2nd trimester already!

When did you finally get in to your classroom? My room got flipped a week before we started... arrrrgggg!

And yuck on the toenail.

September 03, 2005 7:33 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

If your pregnancy is anything like mine, you will have tons of ultrasounds and each one will be more exciting than the last. I hope they remember to send you the pictures because it is such a neat experience. And now with all the cool technology, I hope you can get a 4-D ultrasound. Here is a neat website to go to, www.wavgirl.com, go to the family life section and read about her journey to motherhood too.
Best of luck to you!

September 07, 2005 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home